Pay Attention

The sound in the room felt muffled as Sukara sat staring out of the window. She knew that whatever argument she had just had with Kuvira wasn't over. She wanted sort it out with her but this whole situation just felt messy.

Knowing that she still cared was a blessing though, it got rid of some of the fear and the pain that that letter had caused her. She should probably mention the letter at some point, Kuvira certainly seemed to have changed her tune since she wrote it.

"Hey!" Lin called, snapping her fingers in front of Sukara's face to get her attention, "earth to Sukara, you still with us."

"Hmm? Yeah," Sukara said, readjusting herself in the chair, "what were we talking about?"

"Spirits," Lin sighed, throwing her hands up as she began to pace again, "why do I feel like Asami is the only one listening to me?"

"Thank you Lin," Asami smiled, resting her pen on the pad she was taking notes on.

"Don't blame her Chief," Bolin said, draping himself over the back Sukara's chair, he reached round squished her cheeks with his hands, "can't you see she's heartbroken. Ever the romantic, torn by love."

"Get off me," Sukara groaned, pushing  his hands away from her face, "I'm fine."

"It'll be okay angel," he smiled, rubbing the top of her head causing her to take a swing at him.

He dodged out of her way with ease as she was still sitting down.

"Stop messing around," Lin told them firmly, pulling Sukara back down to sit in her chair, "we have to talk about Guan. Now, it is likely that support for him has ties in Zaofu as Guan basically piggybacked off of Kuvira's campaign for the Earth Empire."

"So where do you want to start Lin?" Korra asked, "are we looking at high level officials or are we looking at ordinary civilians?"

"We're not sure yet," Lin informed them, "I want to check on both but I don't want to spend too long here just in case we're wrong."

"Okay then," Korra nodded, jumping off of the bookshelf she was sat on, "Sukara you know the people in the Beifong estate best, you will take my wife and ask around up here. Me, Bolin and the Chief will hit the streets."

"Great plan," Bolin chimed, punching the air excitedly before giving Korra a high five.

"Agreed, sounds good," Lin nodded, her arms folded, "Are you going to be okay?"

Lin frowned at Sukara, a little concerned that she wasn't entirely there.

"Yeah, I've got Asami," Sukara smiled, "considering that you're accompanyed by two himbos, I think I'm winning."

"Alright," Lin smiled slightly as she unfolded her arms, "but no more attacking Baatar Jr."

"I make no promises," Sukara chuckled, pushing herself out of her chair, "come on Sato. We've got investigating to do."

Asami laughed as she gathered her things and followed behind Sukara.

"You've got a plan then?" Asami asked linking her arm with Sukara's.

"No, not really," Sukara smiled, as she walked them down the corridor, "not at all actually. But, Lin despite having told us everything would likely keep telling us things and I honestly don't have the head space right now."

Asami laughed as she leant her head on Sukara's shoulder.