Walks

The bustling of people and the smell of stall food was all around them. Kuvira got an odd look now and then but she figured it was a small price to pay, especially since she had blown up their city a couple of years before.

Sukara leaned her head on Kuvira's shoulder as they walked, their arms linked together. They had been wandering around in a comfortable silence for a while now, they had bought a trinket or two on their way round though the walk was what they were there for.

"Do you wanna get something to eat?" Sukara asked, looking up to talk to her fiancé.

They stopped walking to think about it and look around a bit.

"Uh... Should we get--" Kuvira started, but she was cut off as Sukara suddenly leaned into the side of her like she had been hit by something.

She turned her head to see that Sukara had let her go and was leaning down. Following her fiancé down to the floor, she saw a little girl. She couldn't be older than three or four, her hair was a light brown and her eyes were a sparkling blue. They were big and sad as the little girl gripped onto Sukara's leg.

"Are you okay?" Sukara asked, making sure to keep the child close as the people in the market continued to walk around them.

"Ma's not moving," she said, her voice was soft and quiet, "Ma's not moving."

"Okay," Sukara nodded, keeping her voice and face as calm as she could make it, trying not to scare the child more than she already was, "Where's your Ma? Can you tell me where she is?"

"Um," the little girl mumbled, looking around to see if she recognised anything, "don't know."

"Are you lost?" Sukara asked, placing a hand on her shoulder to try and calm her down.

The little girl nodded and looked back up at her with tears in her eyes.

"It's okay," Sukara smiled, wiping the tears from under her eyes, "we'll find help you find her, what was Ma doing? Was she laying down? Was she standing up? Or was she sitting?"

"Uh, down," she said, a small frown on her face as she thought back to what had happened.

"Laying down, okay," Sukara nodded again, she rubbed the child's shoulder to comfort her as she thought of what to do.

"We should take her to Lin," Kuvira told her, placing a hand on Sukara's head, "it'll be safer there."

"You're right," Sukara nodded, turning her head a little, "do you have a name sweetie?"

"Voya," she mumbled, trying to hide her face a little behind her hands.

"Voya, that's a great name," Sukara smiled, getting a better footing before she stood back up, "is it okay if I lift you up? Or would you like to walk?"

Voya nodded at her and lifted her arms up, waiting to be picked up off of the floor. Sukara swooped down and lifted her up into her arms and started to follow Kuvira down the street towards the police station. Hopefully, Lin would be able to help find Voya's mother before it was too late, but Sukara had a sinking feeling that it might already be.