Forget I Asked

Kai took a break from flying for a bit, allowing Korra to take the reins of the sky bison. He came to sit in the saddle by Sukara. She had woken up after sleeping in Kuvira's lap for a while.

"You feeling better?" he asked, settling against the side of the saddle.

"I feel fine," she smiled, reassuring him after noticing his worried expression.

Kai frowned as he looked at her, he thought for a moment and said, "You have bruises. Did you get hurt or something?"

There was an awkward silence as they realised what he was talking about. Sukara had several marks on her neck and shoulders. She could barely look at him to answer without laughing. Kuvira had a deep red blush across her face that went to the tips of her ears.

"No, definitely not hurt," Sukara said, trying to stifle a laugh.

Kai realised what they were. He went red with embarrassment.

"Okay," he stuttered, "nevermind, I don't wanna know."

"Quite the opposite really," Sukara went on, winding him up as much as she could, "although, it can be nice occasionally."

The comment granted her a sharp jab in the ribs from Kuvira. Kai buried his face in his hands, trying to hide from the situation.

"Forget I asked," he exclaimed, pushing his head between his knees, not daring to look up at the smirk on Sukara's face, "don't tell me anything else. Please, I don't wanna know."

Sukara just laughed. She'd leave him alone now, didn't want to traumise the boy, just wind him up a little.

She turned her head to look over the edge and watch the scenery pass by. As Sukara looked at the hills, she spotted something familiar.

"Can we stop?" she shouted over to Korra as she turned and leaned on the saddle.

"No," Kuvira told her firmly, "Katara said no divertions."

"It's just a little detour," Sukara said, turning back, "this town, I swear, the best cactus juice you will ever have. And besides, we'll get to that Guru guy at some point. One day isn't going to kill me."

"Where is it?" Korra asked, leaning over a bit to see below them.

"Korra," Kuvira exclaimed, not happy to be being ganged up on by the Avatars.

"It's just down there," Sukara told Korra as she climbed across the saddle only to be grabbed and pulled back by her girlfriend.

"Sukara no."

"Come on Kuvira," Kai sighed, leaning back against the side of the saddle again, "it'll be fine."

"Don't think you're getting any," Kuvira told him.

"What?"

"She's right," Sukara agreed, turning back to him, "you're too young for that stuff."

"I'm basically an adult," he argued, bracing himself properly as Korra began their decent.

"Basically isn't actually," Sukara smiled.

"It'll be alright Kuvira," Asami said, trying to reassure her, "it probably won't even be a full day, only a couple of hours. And Lefty could use the rest anyway."

Kuvira didn't like the plan, Katara had specifically told them not to take detours but, Sukara did seem fine now. And, they had been flying all day, it would be nice to have her feet back on solid ground. She could keep an eye on Sukara, and if it was just a couple of hours. Everything would be fine, she thought, reassuring herself, everything is going to be fine.