Reunited

Korra and Sukara followed a united forces soldier to General Iroh's tent. He turned when they came in, his face lighting up when he saw Sukara.

"Long time, light show," he said, shaking Korra's hand before going over to hug Sukara.

"Well if it isn't the youngest looking old guy I know," Sukara smiled, giving him a squeeze before letting go.

"Says you? Miss I haven't aged in 20,000 years," Iroh laughed.

"Yeah well, you have so you don't have an excuse," Sukara joked, turning back to Korra, "40 looking about 27. Did you know he was 40?"

"You guys are close huh?" Korra asked, shuffling a little.

"Yeah, we did some travelling together," Sukara said, shrugging it off, trying to make Korra more comfortable, "I can tell you about it later but..."

"But yeah, we have more important things," Korra nodded, happy to be back on track. She had felt a little out of place for a moment. She got along with Iroh just fine but they weren't best friends like he seemed to be with Sukara. "Kuvira is on her way with a giant mecha suit. And--"

The sound of the machine caught all of their attention. The three of them exited the tent to go and see what it was. Iroh and Sukara hadn't actually seen the suit yet but, once they had, it was like being punched in the gut. It made any hope they had of winning shrink significantly but they had to keep a good look on their faces so as not to worry the troops.

"Alright," Iroh said, taking hold of the radio, "Kuvira. This is your last warning. Stand down and leave the United Republic. I repeat, stand down."

"You know I can't do that," Kuvira said through the radio, "I don't think you understand the power I possess. Allow me to show you."

The mecha suit lifted its arm. The super weapon mounted upon it. A shot. The purple blast shot over their head, into the city river. Blowing up the boats lying within. She continued, blasting the navy out of the water. There was nothing they could do but watch. Terrified.

There was radio silence for a few moments. And then President Raiko surrendered to Kuvira.

"How could he do this?" Korra said, frustrated, "I won't surrender to Kuvira."

"I'm with you Korra, but I need to get back to the city," Sukara said, grabbing Korra's arm, "I promised Kai."

"You should both go," Iroh told them, ushering them back into the tent, "go fast and don't be seen. Warn the others."

Both Avatar's nodded. The fear on all their faces was evident but it didn't touch on the heavy weight in their chests.

"Don't do anything stupid, okay?" Sukara said, holding onto his hand. A joke in a tone of sincerity and worry.

"Worry about yourself," he smiled weakly as she let go and followed Korra out of the tent towards the city.