You Coming?

The events of the day before had left scratches in Sukara's face. Most of them superficial, just grazing along the surface, only one cut a little deeper. Kuvira had done her best to clean it up and dress it but, Sukara wasn't one to sit still for healing when she didn't see the point in it. It was only a graze, she didn't mind it being there.

Kuvira had had to pin her down in order to get paper stitches and a dressing on the deeper one below her left eye.

Gently, Kuvira removed yesterday's dressing so as not to hurt Sukara but she wasn't paying any attention as her girlfriend stood over her. Carefully, Kuvira dabbed the dried blood off her face, cleaning up the cut.

"Is that okay?" she asked once she'd finished.

Sukara just nodded, still slightly fazed out. She was still thinking about the attack, he had only hit her once and she almost killed him. She shouldn't be lashing out so violently, she knew she was better than that.

Kuvira put a hand under Sukara's chin as she perched on her lap, bringing her out of her thoughts. Sukara stopped her hand as she reached for another dressing to replace the old one.

"It's fine," Sukara said, rubbing her thumb over the back of Kuvira's hand, "the dressing's uncomfortable."

"Alright," Kuvira said softly, bringing her hands up to smooth out Sukara's hair, eventually resting on either side of her jaw. Cupping Sukara's face, Kuvira placed a kiss on the top of her head, bringing Sukara's head down to rest on her chest afterwards. Holding her gently, wishing she knew what was wrong.

There was a soft knock at the door, causing them to step apart. After a moment, Su popped her head round the door.

"We have guests," she said softly, leaning on the door, "Korra and Asami just arrived. They're going on a trip of some kind and wanted to stop in on their way past."

She got a nod from both women and left as they made moves to follow her out to where Korra and Asami were.

######

They gave their greetings and asked about Sukara's face. They were just getting into a conversation when the head guard came and pulled Sukara aside to talk about the attack the day before.

Seizing the opportunity, Korra took Kuvira off as well to ask her how her relationship was doing without everyone listening.

"She's been so tense lately," Su told Asami as she watched the second Avatar talk to the head guard. Her arms were folded and a deep frown sat on her face. "always so deep in thought all the time. And she won't tell me what's wrong, it's always, I'm fine or I'm just tired. I have no idea if she's said anything to Kuvira, if she has Kuvira won't tell me anything either."

"Do you think she needs a vacation?" Asami asked after mulling over the idea. In truth, it had been the main reason she wanted to stop in Zaofu.

"She won't leave Kuvira, not after the attack," Su explained, a look of concern on her face, "they came looking for Kuvira. We think it was an isolated incident but, if there's a chance she's still in danger, Sukara won't want to go on holiday."

Asami thought for a moment. She wasn't Kuvira's biggest fan, she never had been. They had issues with Asami's electrocution belt and with Kuvira killing Asami's father but, she was Sukara's girlfriend. If she needed to be civil with her in order to make sure Sukara was okay, she could do that.

"Would she be able to come too?" she asked finally, taking a deep breath, "it could mean her safety. If there are more people after her, she won't be where they expect her to be."

"That could work," Su said, thinking as she looked between the two of them. "We could say that Kuvira is out with the Avatars on official business if anyone asks. You're not doing anything stressful are you?"

"Not intentionally," Asami sighed looking over at her own girlfriend, "but Korra has a habit of finding problems to fix so I won't make any promises."

As they spoke, Sukara finished talking with the head guard and came back over to them.

"You're coming on vacation with me and Korra," Asami told her, gaining a very confused look from Sukara.

"What? I can't," she said, a little baffled, "sorry."

"Don't worry, Kuvira's coming too," Asami said, again not asking her any questions, "and you are. We're going to have a nice relaxing time, just the four of us."

"She's right Kara," Su said, her tone gently and calming, "it'll do you two some good to get out of Zaofu for a bit."

"Oh my gosh! You guys are coming too," Korra said excitedly as she and Kuvira rejoined them, "yes! A girls trip. Sukara you have to come see the car, Asami built a new one."

Korra grabbed ahold of Sukara's hand and began dragging her towards the new Sato mobile that Asami had made.