Blue eyes - chapter 37

Today was my scan day and we could finally know the gender. "Luke are you ready?" I called to him from the bathroom , I was fixing my hair and make up. I looked down at my bump and looked at the small stretch mark at the side, I grabbed the bio oil and rubbed it on the Marks to reduce them. "Babe what you doing?" Luke smiled as he was leaned against the door way. "It reduces and gets rid of stretch marks" I places the bottle back in the medical cabinet. "I love you and your stretch marks, now let's go or we will be late." He laughed,he rested his hands on my hips as I looked at us in the mirror and smiled. "I love you luke" I whispered as I looked into his eyes ,he returned my gaze with his. "I love to too" I kissed his lips softly and passionately before pulling away. "Let me brush my teeth again and then we can go." I whispered, I did that for good luck and because I didn't want nurse to think I have bad breath.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

"Miss Bevan? Come on through" she directed me and luke into the room which was fairly cold. I laid on the uncomfortable bed and held lukes hand. "This is going to be cold" the nurse said before squeezing gel on my bare stomach and using the ward to look. "There is the baby's head," she said happily as she turned the screen to us. My heart skipped a beat at the sight of our beautiful baby. She pressed a button and the sound of our heart beats filled the room. "That's our little baby" luke gasped, I held his hand tightly and kissed it. "Would you like to know the gender?" The nurse asked me. "Yes please" I managed to say. "It's a little..boy" she said, my heart raced at the thought of having a little baby boy of my own, I was so happy. "Your just under four months judging by the size of the baby I'd say he's just under 5 months." She said ,I looked at lukes smiling face and kissed his hand. "Sounds about right" luke said with a little laugh. The nurse wiped the jelly off my stomach and pulled my top back down. "Remember to eat healthy and be very careful, any sudden movements could upset him." I took the nurses advice and left with luke. "You know this means I won the bet Right? " I giggled as I laced my fingers through his.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

I got home and looked online at plane times and prices, I needed to go to England, it would be the last time I'd go for a while. "Babe what you doing?" Luke asked as the walked in the room, I closed the tab and the laptop. "Nothing babe just...looking at baby names" I lied, he kissed my temple and and sat beside me. "The boys asked if I could go to the pub with them, can I go?" He asked as he placed kisses from my hand slowly moving up my arm. "Yeah of course you can" I laughed, he kissed my lips before running out the door. Let's go to England. I packed a small bag of clothes and my sunglasses and walked downstairs. I decided to leave luke a note to tell him that I was safe. 'Dear luke, I have gone on a little trip but I will be home in 3 days. I love you to the moon and back and I just need to let you know I'm safe. I have to do this one last time before I have our baby.' I picked up my credit card and passport and left the apartment. I called a taxi and waited for in to arrive. I placed my suitcase in the back and climbed in the front. "Airport please" I sniffled.