Blue eyes - chapter 52

I put my little girl in her bed and turned on her night light for her. "Mommy, with we ever see those people again. I...I really like them,they're funny" she sleepily mumbled. "I hope so baby" I brushed her hair out her face and kissed her forehead. "Night mommy I love you" she yawned, I kissed her cheek and her nose. "Mommy loves you too.." I whispered. "To the moon and back" we both whispered, I smiled at her sleeping face and left the room. "Mom have we got any orange juice?" Dan said infront of me. "When you went in my belly you made me drink 4 pints of orange juice a day... no I think we're out" I mumbled, he smiled and kissed my hand. "Mom who was that tall blonde dude?" He pondered. "He was a man who hurt me a long time ago, I don't like talking about it." I sighed sadly. "Can I go in the music room?" He asked, I looked at his sleeping sister and shut the door. "Yes but not too loud" I giggled, he hugged me tightly and ran off. *ding dong* no body knocks my door. I opened the door to see luke standing there. "How'd you find me? What do you want?" I asked him in shock. "I want to be forgiven and I want to see m-" "Mommy I'm Thirsty" my little girl yawned from behind me, I picked her up and walked into the kitchen. "Chocolate milk? Or warm strawberry milk?" I smiled sweetly at her. "Chocolate milk please mommy" she yawned, luke walked in and sat on my couch watching me. "Can you come tuck me in?" She mumbled, I picked her up and took her back to bed. "I will always tuck you in sweetie " I soothed as I laid her down and tucked her in. "Can you sing to me?" She giggled. "When the rain is blowing in your face, and the whole world is on your case. I could offer you a warm embrace to make you feel my love. When the evening shadows and the stars appear and there is no one there to dry your tears well I could hold you for a million years to make you feel my love. I know you haven't made your mind up yet. But I could never do you wrong. I've known it from the moment that we met no doubt in my mind where you belong. I'd go hungry I'd go black and blue. I'd go crawling down the avenue no there's nothing that I wouldn't do to make you feel my love." I sang softly,  she was asleep and cuddling her teddy tightly. "Night night baby" I whispered, I picked up the empty glass and left her room, I closed her door to block out Danny playing guitar. "You know you're a great mom" luke said from behind me, I turned round and sighed. "What choice did I have? I have two beautiful kids who mean the world to me and I don't need anything else." I smiled fakely and walked to the kitchen, I placed her cup in the dishwater. "I need you" luke mumbled from behind me. "Luke I have been broken for 6 years, the day you cheated I lost my friends and my family. I was just me and Daniel on our own, I was so excited to tell you I was pregnant but then I found out the you didn't want us anymore. It hurt like hell, our little boy running round my new house crying for his daddy, I had to tell him that you were busy or on holiday and after 6 weeks he stopped asking. He knew you weren't coming home, he was so scared when I went in labour and didn't know how to help me. He phoned the ambulance and he came with me, not you or any of my friends because I didn't have any. Luke for the past 6 years I've been putting the pieces back together and now you've shown up and I'm back at square one all over again." I cried, I wiped my eyes with my shirt and pushed my hair out of my face. "I knew it was a mistake after it happened and I'm sorry, I didn't want to hurt you. About three years ago I went to your mom's abd asked if she knew where you were, you know what she told me? She thought you were dead, I cried for 6 months non stop and today when I saw you I felt alive again." Luke said in a teary voice, I sat on the counter and sighed. "I haven't seen my mom in so long because if I went there she would have told you where I was... luke why are you here?" I sighed shakily. "Is he listening to Metallica?!" Luke exclaimed as he listened. "No he's playing Metallica, I taught him all I know and he picked up the rest on his own" I smiled sadly,luke came and stood between my legs and lifted my head with his hand. "I should have taught him that, what else can he do?" Luke smiled. "Sing, drum, bass and he wants to learn to play piano but I told him I will teach him another time. He draws his sister and she messes with my camera all the time taking amazing pictures, mainly of butterflies and flowers. They are amazing kids luke and I...I don't want them getting hurt like I did, they boys never hurt me but you did. I can't trust them with our kids but I can't trust you." I choked out, tears fell from lukes eyes and made me realize how much he was hurting. "Do they even know me?" He whispered. "No luke they don't , and every time they ask me I tell them I was hurt a long time ago and ran away. They ask if they have a family and I have to tell them that I ran away from them too, every father's day I have to spend with them telling them that father's day isn't a day for them to be sad about not having a dad but being happy that they have a good life. Louise gave dan a card this year for father's day because he's the only guy that's there for her. " I sniffled, he pulled me in for a hug and at first I tried to fight it but I gave up. "Words can't describe how sorry I am" luke sobbed into my hair, I wiped my tears away and shushed him. "Mom?" Daniel was I the door way looking at me and luke. "Daniel come here" luke piled away from me to see Danny standing beside him. "Danny you're a big boy now" luke crouched down beside him. "No I'm mom's little man sir" He said politely. "And was that you playing the guitar? Because it was very good" luke complimented him. "Yes but I was just messing around, I can play a lot better that that." Daniel scoffed and pulled me of the kitchen counter. "Mom no sitting on the counter tops, food gets cooked on here!" He nagged, luke laughed and stood back up. "Well I'm in a rock band and I think your a pretty cool dude" luke chuckled. "Well maybe, if mom wants to me and her can play guns n roses together. Please mom" He said in a thick accent, I took his hand in mine and smiled. "Come on then Danny, luke you coming?" I smiled smiled a little at him. "I'd love to see this for myself, Daniel do you know any nirvana?" Luke said as he ran with Danny to the music room. "Are you kidding?! I live and breathe nirvana!" Danny chuckled.