A little bit of magic - Part 6 - Arthur x Reader

(Y/n) looked over and smiled, as she saw Arthur's eyes firmly closed. A small snore leaving his lips, as he snoozed. For the second time that evening, she was a little taken aback. First, he had eaten everything that had been put in front of him, despite his medication. And now he was fast asleep, even though he had told her that he was a martyr to insomnia. Not that she minded. He looked quite lovely as he slept. An unusual innocence about him, as he moved to get more comfortable on her sofa. And it was nice to think that he trusted her enough. Felt relaxed enough with her, that he would allow himself to be vulnerable like this.

Slowly, (Y/n) got up from the sofa, turning off the TV before making her way to the bedroom. Retrieving a warm blanket then making her way back into the lounge room, so that she could drape it over the slumbering man. Her hand reaching out and brushing some of his hair away from his face.

"Night Arthur. I'll see you in the morning." (Y/n) whispered. Giving him a soft smile as she turned out the light.

                                                            >>-------------------------------<<

Arthur grumbled slightly, as he heard a noise. Moving his body to try and find a comfortable spot. The clown suddenly sitting bolt upright, as he heard a female voice sing softly. Arthur looking around and realising where he was. What must have happened. And feeling completely embarrassed about the whole thing.

The last thing that he could remember was that he and (Y/n) had been talking after they had finished dessert. The sound of the TV in the background not disturbing the conversation that had flowed just right. That had felt so easy. That had made him feel like they had known one another for a lot longer than they really had. He could recall suddenly feeling sleepy. Recall how (Y/n) had chuckled as he had yawned. But after that, nothing. And now he realised that he had fallen asleep on (Y/n)'s sofa. That he had spent the night without meaning to.

"Morning sleepyhead. Tea or coffee............." (Y/n) asked, as she poked her head around the door. Giggling slightly, as Arthur just looked at her. It obvious that he wasn't completely awake yet.

"I, er............pardon............?"

"Tea or coffee? Do you want tea or coffee with your breakfast?" (Y/n) reiterated happily, as she made her way into the room, and took a seat next to him on the sofa.

"Oh, er.........whatever you're having." Arthur replied. His eyes turned to the blanket that had been covering him.

"I'm sorry." Arthur continued. Still feeling embarrassed about having fallen asleep. About having possibly been an inconvenience. That (Y/n) may think that he had found her boring.

"Sorry for what.........?"

"For falling asleep. For taking up your sofa. For............"

"There's no need to be sorry for either of those things, Arthur. I don't mind at all. I did sort of feed you up a little. I am just surprised that you stayed awake as long as you did. Really, there is nothing to be sorry for. In fact, I sort of found it a compliment. Now, when you're ready, you can come through to the kitchen. I'm just glad that you said that you don't have work today, because it's a little later than you might think." (Y/n) chuckled, giving Arthur a reassuring pat on the knee, before rising and making her way back to the kitchen.

                                                         >>--------------------------------<<

Arthur pinched himself, as he watched (Y/n) disappear into the kitchen. Pinched himself so hard, that he was sure that he could see blood. But he had to make sure that all this was real. He had to make sure that he wasn't going to wake up at any moment in his own terrible apartment. Alone, cold and lonely, as he normally would be. To him, this was all too good to be true. Firstly, (Y/n) had rescued him. She had brought him to her little store. Brought him into her world, and she had seen to his cuts. She had fed him. Cared for him. She hadn't been put off by all the things that he had told her about his problems. Hadn't been put off by him being a clown. And she wasn't upset about the fact that he had fallen asleep on her. And now, now she was waiting for him to have breakfast with her. Arthur sure that girls that would do those things, could only exist in the pages of old novels. Belong to a different time and place. Yet given the fact that he was still sat on her sofa and not on his, he had to think that it was real. And that it would be stupid to not take a chance. That it would be stupid to not get to know (Y/n), even more than he already felt that he did.

                                                     >>--------------------------------<<

(Y/n) removed the coffee pot from the stove top and took it over to the table. Everything looked just right. She had been to the bakery just around the corner and bought some fresh croissants. And despite the fact that she had got them a little while ago. The treats were still warm and fluffy. (Y/n) hoping that Arthur would like the bread.

During the night, she had got up more than once to make sure that her slumbering guest was alright. To make sure that he was still there. (Y/n) quite liking the idea of having him there. Of having him just in the other room. And when she had woken in the morning, she had been surprised that he was still asleep. (Y/n) presuming that he must need the rest. And given that, she hadn't wanted to rouse him. But as it was Sunday, she thought that a quick trip down to the bakery was warranted. That a nice breakfast was needed. And if Arthur really didn't have to work, she hoped that she might actually be able to ask if he would like to spend the rest of the day with her.

"Hi." A voice came. (Y/n) smiling at Arthur as he entered the room.

"Hi. Take a seat." (Y/n) replied. Her smile growing broader, as he sat in the chair across from her. As she poured him a coffee and began to think that she might just like to make this a regular thing.