Anything for love - Arthur x Reader

A request for SmilingDiana, I hope you enjoy 😊

"(Y/N)!" A familiar voice called out as (Y/n) put he hand out to stop the elevator door from closing. As the door slide open again, she saw the smiling face of her best friend; she and Arthur had known one another for years, and in a city where you never really knew who you could trust, (Y/n) knew she could trust Arthur. He was the sweetest man that (Y/n) had ever met, yes, he had his condition and other things, but that had never bother her, she could see passed the outward awkwardness of Arthur to the wonderful man beneath, and she loved him, she loved him more than she ever thought possible; but when she had finally decided that it was time to tell her best friend of her affection for him, 'she' had come into his life.

"Hi (Y/n)." Arthur panted, having just ran in, trying to not only catch the elevator, but also the woman that he so loved to see.

"How was your day?" Arthur asked happily, as he pulled her into a hug, (Y/n) feeling her whole body quiver, as she felt his warm breath on her skin. Being in Arthur's arms was the best place in the world, but now more than ever she knew that the embraces he gave her would only ever be those of a friend.

"Yeah, good." (Y/n) said with a sad smile as she pulled away from him and dug around in her big bag.

"I was going to give you these later seeing as I'm coming to your place tonight, but as you're here........" (Y/n) began, producing a paper bag full of medication.

"I went to Helms, and got your scripts filled for you, I know that you must be nearly running out of stuff by now." (Y/n) said, handing Arthur his meds.

Arthur smiled, (Y/n) would always do things like this, she always knew when he needed something, always there when he needed someone, and that was one of the many reasons he loved her.

"Oh thanks. What do I owe you?" Arthur asked, putting his hand in his pocket and pulling out his wallet.

"You know you don't owe me anything, but you can warm these up for after dinner." (Y/n) told Arthur, handing him a box of sweet treats that she had made in her bakery earlier that day. This was something (Y/n) always did as well, she would always make something just for him; whether it was a loaf of freshly baked bread, or a box of cupcakes or other treats, Arthur knew that they were something that she had gone into the back of her little store to make especially so that they could share on one of the many evenings that they would spend together.

"Guess what?" Arthur said, seeming to become excited all of a sudden.

"What?" (Y/n) chuckled, as her friend bounced up and down on his toes.

"I saw Sophie today, we spoke; she is such a special girl, I would love it if I could get up enough courage to ask her out. She's beautiful don't you think?" Arthur asked happily, not seeming to notice the pained expression on (Y/n)'s face. She had had to listen to Arthur gush over Sophie ever since he had met her, about how wonderful, and beautiful she was, and each time he mentioned her name, (Y/n)'s heart broke just a little more; she would give everything for Arthur to think that she was beautiful, to think that she was special, but it was obvious to even a blind man that Arthur was only interested in the woman called Sophie.

"Er......well, I've never met her, but I'm sure that she is very special, Arthur." (Y/n) muttered, trying to smile at her friend, but as hard as she tried, nothing would come.

"Yeah, she is. Well, don't forget, my place at seven." Arthur said, skipping out of the elevator as the doors opened on their floor.

"Yeah, seven." (Y/n) sighed, as Arthur entered his apartment.

(Y/n) slammed the door behind her, grabbing one of the big cushions from the sofa and screaming as loud as she could, as she buried her face into the soft fabric; try as she may, this was all getting too much, and she wasn't sure how much more she could take. Was Arthur that blind that he couldn't see how she felt for him, how she would do anything for him, give anything for him? Slowly she walked over to the mirror, her eyes taking in her features, her hair, her figure; maybe she was ugly, maybe Arthur didn't like the way she looked, maybe this Sophie was a modern day version of Helen of Troy, and she was the incarnation of Quasimodo.