Open and shut case - Part 10 - Joker x Reader

Joker stood at the bar covered window of his little cell. A lit cigarette, hanging precariously from his fingers. His teeth absentmindedly chewing on his bottom lip, as he looked out onto the little slice of sky that he could see from his confines. A sky that had been dark all day but was now growing darker by the minute. The heavy rain filled clouds making it impossible for him to see any light from the stars and moon that hung above the gloom.

Since he had been dragged, unceremoniously as always, back to his cell, he had been silent. Caught up in quiet contemplation. Not once hearing the usual screams and cries of his fellow inmates. Not once hearing the guards banging their nightsticks against the doors. Informing the resident crazies that they better shut up, or else. The clown instead lost in his own thoughts. His own memories.

He had found it strange that (Y/n) had come back, after he had done what he had done. Part of him had hoped that his actions would push her away. Joker not really giving a damn whether they fried him or not. Yet, as he had held her there, he had seen the passion, the determination. The sheer bloody-minded stubbornness in her eyes. A look that had told him that no matter what he did, she would come right back. That he was stuck with her. And he had to admit, that he was glad that he was.

Never before had someone seemed so willing to help him. No one had given a shit about Arthur. No one had really cared if the shambling doormat, had lived or died. Joker sure that if he had keeled over in one of the many rubbish filled, rat infested back alleys, the only one that would eventually have noticed, was that bitch Penny, when he hadn't been in that squalid flat to take care of her. Yet now, now it felt as though that had changed. That for once, there was someone on his side. That someone actually...........well, actually cared. And he was delighted that (Y/n) had agreed to come and see him again tomorrow. Joker already deciding that her visits were the only ray of sunshine in his otherwise dark, insane world. For until she had stepped foot into that interview room, his days had been filled with a procession of moronic psychologist and psychiatrists that were trying to make a name for themselves by cracking into the killer clown's mind. Their faces all just melding into one great one, that he would take great delight in pummeling, if he had got the chance. But (Y/n) was different. And in fact, had got more out of him in their two meetings than the so called "experts" had been able to, since he had been thrown into this hellhole that they laughingly called a place that helped. A place that healed.

At first, Joker had been surprised when she had told him about her work down at the centre. About how she would give her time to people that couldn't afford the best lawyers to help them with their problems. But after listening to her tell him about her life. About her mother's death and father's negligence. He could see that despite the nice clothes, and the obviously good education, that he and his beautiful attorney may in fact have a few things in common.

"Hey, Fleck!" A snide sounding voice suddenly came. The tone breaking the clown from his thoughts. Joker rolling his eyes, as he brought his cigarette up to his lips. Inhaling the smoke deeply, as he turned and made his way over to the door. A great, choking, cloud engulfing the guard that had just opened the little viewing door to his cell.

"I saw that new attorney of yours today. Not bad. Though why a psychotic scumbag like you deserves an attorney, I don't know. I say they should just fry your crazy ass right now. But given what I saw, I must admit that having you around might not be all that bad. Especially if we get to see her a little more. I mean, I wouldn't mind tapping that ass. I'm sure that she could do all manner of things to a man. But you wouldn't know anything about that would you? Perhaps I'll tell you how good she is after I get to know her a little better. What she sounds like when she screams out my name." The guard laughed mockingly. Joker, simply leaning up against the door, and taking another drag from his cigarette.

"I wouldn't try that if I were you." Joker said. Smiling as the guard's gaze turned angry.

"Oh yeah. And why's that? What? Do you think you can do something about it? If you haven't noticed, your ass is locked in this cell. And mine is out here, with that pretty lawyer of yours............."

"Oh, I won't need to do anything. I think that you will find that the lady in question may have one or two things to say about it though. I think that you will find that her tastes are slightly more refined than a braindead asshole with a third grade education, that get his kicks out of beating already damaged people with his nightstick. But please do try. I need a good laugh." Joker retorted. A smile spreading across his lips, as the guard banged his fist on the cell door.

"And who would she go for? Don't tell me that you think that she might be interested in you? Again, if you haven't noticed, your ass is rotting in a cell. The only pussy you are ever gonna see, is the feral cat that live in the grounds. So, we'll see, clown. We'll see. Now, lights out." The tall man growled, before slamming the little door closed. Joker finding himself plunged into darkness. The only thing to light his way, being the burning end of his cigarette. The clown slowly making his way over to his bed and dropping his form onto the thin mattress. The uncomfortable crib creaking and groaning in protest even under his still svelte frame. Joker reaching for the packet, and pulling out another cigarette, lighting it with the dying embers of the old one. Yet another smile coming to his lips, as he sat there. His thoughts once again filling with his beautiful lawyer. With her face and voice. The clown knowing that locked in a cell or not, if the guard laid one finger on (Y/n), then he would find that the Joker would have his seventh victim.