Gotham's Most Wanted - Part 6

This is a little shorter than the other parts, but I wanted to leave a nice little cliff hanger before I bring it all together in the next and final instalment. Hope you enjoy 😊

"Now take off the sheet and get in the tub so I can work my wonders."

                                                               >>--------------------------------<<

"Well come on, I ain't got all night ya know." Joker said, as he waited for (Y/n) to get into the bath.

"Turn around." (Y/n) insisted, looking slightly nervous.

Joker stared at her, seeing the concerned look on her face. Cautiously he moved over to her, and gently pulled the blood soaked material from her body. The numerous scars on her body seemed to glisten in the light of the room, it was obvious that they were old and would have been accompanied with bruises that would have been as bad as anything Joker could remember.

(Y/n) tried to cover her body with her arms and hands as Joker traced his fingertips over a scar just above her left breast.

"(Y/n), please don't, ya can trust me." Joker said as he moved her hands away from her body.

"Has anyone told you how truly beautiful ya are (Y/n), you were right when you said that we aren't that dissimilar. Did he do this to ya? Did Thomas give you these scars (Y/n)?" Joker asked, as he circled her, his fingertips never leaving her skin, feeling her body tremble under his touch.

She nodded slightly. "I told you, I was very clumsy as a child." (Y/n) said, as a tear rolled down her cheek as she remembered the pain of her childhood.

She had once tried to tell her parents what was happening, what had been happening for so long, but neither of them would listen, no wanting to believe that their son could do such things; preferring to believe that their daughter was a liar.

Joker stood behind her, his warm breath kissing her neck, as his long fingers caressed her shoulders.

"You know, a scar simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you, don't ya (Y/n)?" Joker whispered in her ear, as his warm hands slowly moved down her arms.

"You ain't the only one with scars (Y/n), do you want to see?" Joker asked as he moved to stand before her.

"Show me, please. Let me know I'm not the only one." (Y/n) said desperately, as Joker began to remove his jacket.

As his other clothes fell to the floor, her eyes widened as she saw the marks that littered his flesh. She reached out her hand, gently placing her fingers softly on what looked like the most recent mark,

"I got that un a few months ago, a cop shot at me; lucky it only grazed, if it had gone in it could have been a different story." Joker told her, as he took her hand from the scar, raising it to his lips, and kissing it gently.

"Come on princess, lets get you all cleaned up." Joker lifted (Y/n) from the floor, slowly lowering her into the hot water. As he took a cloth and began to clean her, (Y/n) took it from his hands and started to remove the greasepaint from his face.

"You look so much more handsome without all this; I like to see the man under the makeup." She said, smiling softly as she gently rubbed away the greasepaint.

As the makeup was removed, Joker couldn't help but stare at the woman before him; contrary to outward appearances, (Y/n) was as damaged a soul as he was, abused and scarred by a person that should have loved her, disbelieved by parents that should have helped her; the only difference between the two was that he chose to hide behind the face paint and violence, and she hid behind that perfect smile and kindness.