A little advice on women - Arthur x Reader

"Could I ask you a question (Y/n)?" Arthur asked, as he pushed the door open to Hoyts office.

"Of course Arthur, you know you can ask me anything." (Y/n) told him, as she finished looking over the weekly bookings for all of Ha Ha's services.

Arthur and (Y/n) had worked together at Ha Ha's for the last couple of years now, Hoyt had brought her in to help with bookings, accounts, and any general paperwork that he couldn't bother doing himself. Even though Arthur had been very quiet and pretty much kept himself to himself when (Y/n) had come to work at the company, soon enough they were firm friends; in her, Arthur had found someone that seemed to understand him, and he found himself confiding everything to her, she was his shoulder to cry on and was always there to give him advice when he needed.

"How do you talk to women?" He asked, taking a seat at the table and looking over at a slightly shocked (Y/n).

"Er well............ it all depends on the woman really. Different women like different things." She told him, as she sat on the opposite side of the desk, rifling uncomfortably through some paperwork.

She was the first one to know about Arthur's crush on his neighbour Sophie, she didn't like it but what could she say. She couldn't tell him that Sophie was no good for him, and the woman that really cared about him was sat across from him right now. She couldn't tell him that she loved every one of his little quirks, every one of his silly jokes; that she loved his awkwardness and his quietness, and that she would do anything for Arthur to feel for her what he seemed to feel for Sophie.

"Well......... how would a man talk to someone like....... um, like you (Y/n)? I mean you are a woman." Arthur said, looking up through his eyelashes at her.

(Y/n) had to chuckle to herself, she was surprised that Arthur had even noticed that she was a woman, given his obsession with Sophie.

"Let's see...... making me laugh is always a good thing, but it has to be something witty not just silly humour, something that shows that the man has some intelligence. I suppose, little compliment about how nice I look that day, or about my work, are always nice to hear; I'm not what you'd call a high maintenance kind of girl, its more the simple things that I appreciate, and that doesn't necessarily mean it needs to be words. A brush of hands when he passes me, a kiss when I'm least expecting it, or being presented with a wild flower he found; it may sound silly but it's the little things that count, not great big displays of affection, just simple little things." (Y/n) told him with a shrug, as she looked back down at the paperwork.

"So, does that work on all women?" Arthur asked, causing (Y/n) to sigh. It seemed more than obvious now that Arthur was wondering whether all that would work on Sophie.

"I don't know Arthur, but I should think that if the woman you want to talk to likes you, then you could probably say just about anything and she'd still fall head over heels in love with you." (Y/n) told him, as she moved over towards the coffee machine, pouring herself a cup of the lukewarm strong brown liquid.

Arthur seemed to muse for a moment, tapping his fingers on the desk; (Y/n) could just imagine what was going through his head, how he would use what she had told him to approach Sophie.

"Will you tell Hoyt that I had to leave a little early if he asks (Y/n), if you don't mind. I'll see you tomorrow." Arthur said, rising from the chair, and rushing towards the door.

"Sure Arthur, no problem. Good luck with your lady." (Y/n) told him as he exited the office.

She couldn't help but sigh, she had just told Arthur the best way to approach that damn Sophie woman, why didn't she just go the whole hog and arrange the perfect date for them too, (Y/n) thought to herself as she put the last of the days paperwork back in the filing cabinet. Could she get any dumber!