Special Agent - Part 6

"HE DID WHAT?" Joker roared, as he looked over at the guard.

As soon as (Y/n) had left the facility Jack had made his way down to Joker's room; he knew that telling Arthur what had happened was probably a bad idea, deep down he knew that he should say nothing; but if the young woman thanked Arthur tomorrow for asking him to watch over her, then he would find out everything.

"He...... well he attacked her, he was trying to get her to do things with him in his office, if she refused, he said he would stop the interviews and make your life as difficult as possible." Jack said, watching as the feared clown sat back down on his bed, his eyes burning with anger.

"Then what?" Joker asked, looking back up at Jack.

"I don't know, next thing I know she seemed to change, and she pulls out a knife and holds it to Jackson's throat. You should have heard her Arthur, that girl is quite a pistol; she threatened to have him struck off, to drag his name, and the name of Arkham through the mud, she said by the time she finished he wouldn't be able to even get a job as a vet." Jack chuckled, stopping when he saw the look of utter outrage on Arthur's face.

"There's something else." Jack said, as Joker glared at him.

"What?" Joker growled, as Jack sat down next to him.

"Poor kid was in a real state when we left the office, she burst into tears, she was struggling to breath, it looked like she was going to pass out. I took her to the guard's room, and she told me she has that PTSD, she didn't tell me how she got it, she just said that the incident with Jackson brought it all back." Jack explained, as he saw Joker's expression change to one of concern.

He knew all too well what it was like to suffer from PTSD; to constantly be watching over your shoulder, to have difficulty trusting people. To have memories of those awful events brought back by simple things like smells, or even something someone might say innocently in passing; to find yourself right back at that moment, unable to escape. The exhausting feeling of constantly being on high alert just in case something happens. The flashbacks, the anxiety, the depression. He should have known when she told him about the killer, he should have instantly picked up that she suffered just like him; but she hid it so well, so confidently, that he was blinded to what was really going on.

A plan began to formulate in Joker's mind; he may have been currently incarcerated in this hell hole, but didn't mean that he didn't have influence on the outside world, and this time Jackson was not going to get away with this little "incident".

"Jack, I need you to do another little favour for me." Joker said as he got up from his bed and started to write something down on a piece of paper.

"I don't know Arthur, I shouldn't; I don't want to get involved in whatever you're thinking." Jack told him, shuddering slightly as Joker turned round to glare at him.

"So, you are telling me that you want Jackson to get away with what he did this evening? Everyone knows what he did to that woman last year, and nothing was done apart from she got several rounds of electroconvulsive therapy that she didn't need, and then she was shipped off upstate. Now you see firsthand what that motherfucker can do, and you're not going to help me?" Joker asked, walking back over to the guard.

Joker was many things; yes he had killed, he had brought Gotham to its knees and watched it burn, and despite his current situation he still had power, so he was not going to let Jackson hurt anyone else. Even though he had suffocated the woman he had believed was his mother, and he had to admit that he had enjoyed doing it, this was different. Jackson disgusted him, to harm a woman in such a way was deplorable, reprehensible, and even worse was the fact that the depraved Doctor's new victim was the Agent that he had found himself taking a liking to, despite their short time together. She had shown a special interest in him, even seeming to empathise with his situation, even though she was on the other side of the law; and now that she had been harmed, Joker felt that it was up to him to fix it as only he could.