The one that got away - Part 2

This is part 2 especially for clarinette4440. Hope you all enjoy 😄 there will be a part 3 🃏🤡

"(Y/n) didn't you once say you used to live in Gotham?" Cherry shouted out from the other side of the production set, as she and (Y/n) finished off the last touch ups for the next days filming schedule.

"Yeah, I lived there for a few years....... Why?" (Y/n) asked, putting down the paint brush, and cleaning her hands on an old cloth.

"I think you might be interested in this." Cherry told her, looking slightly shocked, as her eyes were glued to whatever was on the small TV screen.

(Y/n) sighed, shaking her head; nothing exciting ever happened in Gotham, so what the hell could warrant it being mentioned on what sounded to (Y/n) like a news report. Making sure not to let her paint covered hands touch any of the props on set, she inched her way over to where Cherry was standing.

"What is it?" (Y/n) asked, her eyes falling on the shocked expression of her friend, only looking away when Cherry pointed to the screen.

"And our top story again." The news reporter said, the picture of a strange looking man standing on top of a police car, appearing over his left hand shoulder.

"The city of Gotham is in flames tonight, as a man that has referred to himself as "Joker" and his followers have taken over the city. Earlier this evening he appeared on the Murray Franklin show, killing the famed host in cold blood. The "Joker" otherwise known as Arthur Fleck, a failed stand-up comedian, and children's party clown, is suspected of killing a number of other people, and is currently being held in police custody." As the report continued, (Y/n) stumbled backwards, clinging to some of the sets framework as she tried to comprehend what she had just heard.

"(Y/n), are you ok, honey?" Cherry asked, rushing to her friends' side as she sat down in one of the many canvas chairs.

(Y/n) shook her head, the reporter must be wrong, there must be another Arthur Fleck; the boy she knew would never have hurt anyone, let alone kill. Her Arthur had been the sweetest, kindest, most gentle boy in the world, he had a smile that made even the darkest Gotham day brighter, and eyes that seemed to look into your very soul. No, this killer clown could not be her Arthur; but as (Y/n) looked back at the screen, a picture of the man appearing, his face covered in blood and the remnants of white, red, and blue face paint, her eyes grew wide with horror as she saw those unmistakable eyes, those deep pools of perfect emerald that she would never forget.

"I er......... I don't feel well, Cherry. I have to go home......... will you let Harvey know that I'll call him tomorrow." (Y/n) said, as she struggled to her feet.

"Sure, I'll tell the boss; but are you sure you're ok?" Cherry asked, holding onto (Y/n)'s arm, as the colour drained from her face.

"Yeah... I just need to get home. I'll see you tomorrow, ok?" (Y/n) said, making her way out of the studio, leaving her confused and worried friend behind.

                                                                >>------------------------------<<

(Y/n) sat in the apartment, her head in her hands, as she struggled to believe the new report on the news. Gotham was burning, people had died, and it was all due to Arthur, or at least his new persona of Joker.

"Hi sweetie, I thought that you were working until late." A man called out, as he entered the apartment, dropping his bag on the floor, and walking over to the sofa to place a kiss to the top of (Y/n)'s head.

"Did you see that crazy guy on the news? Wow, what a weirdo." The man said, sitting down next to her, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion when he saw the tears in (Y/n)'s eyes.