What Joker wants Joker Gets - Joker x Reader

Includes lyrics from 'At Last' by Ella Fitzgerald.

"What do you mean he wants me?" (Y/n) asked nervously, as she stared at Don, the manager of the club at which she sang.

"Exactly what I said (Y/n). Joker bought out the entire club for the night, and he demanded that you be the only one to perform. What the hell was I supposed to say?" Don told her, appearing no less anxious at the prospect of having Joker in his little jazz club, than (Y/n) was about having to perform.

"So, you are telling me that Arthur Fleck, Joker, the god damn psycho killer clown prince of crime himself asked for me, by name?" (Y/n) asked, now pacing the dressing room apprehensively, as she contemplated coming face to face with man, she had seen kill Murray Franklin in cold blood on the TV.

Don nodded his head. "Not only that but, he wants you to wear this." Don told her, pulling out a beautiful long gown that was exactly the same colour as Joker's infamous suit, from behind the dressing room door.

(Y/n) took it in her hands, she had to admit it was gorgeous, and she couldn't help but think that the killer clown had exceptional taste; but it was still a little creepy.

"Oh great, this colour should cover the blood stains nicely when he shoots me." (Y/n) said, dropping into the chair behind her, letting out a heavy sigh.

"Don't be so melodramatic (Y/n), he's not gonna shoot you; he must like you if he asked for you personally." Don tried to reassure her.

"Melodramatic? MELODRAMATIC!? Have you been living under a rock? The man has killed goodness knows how many people, he has bought Gotham to its knees, and has watched it burn to ashes. Now he has asked for me by name, stipulated what I should wear, even the song I have to sing, and you say he must like me. None of that is making me feel any better about this you know." (Y/n) said sarcastically, as Don crouched down in front of her, taking her hands in his.

"Look kid, you know I wouldn't ask you to do this if I had any other option, but as it is I don't; what Joker wants, Joker gets." Don told her, squeezing her hands in a vain attempt to comfort the young woman.

(Y/n) sighed, she knew that Don was right, he really did have no choice and nor did she; what Joker wants, Joker gets, and if you didn't believe that, then you probably wouldn't be alive too long. She tried to comfort herself with the fact that of all the people that Joker had killed, they had all done him wrong in some way; the three men on the train were bullying him, and admittedly Franklin had been a complete dick to him when they had shown Arthur Fleck's failed stand-up routine on his show, so she just hoped that she and Joker had not bumped into one another when he was Arthur.

"Ok Don. What Joker wants; Joker gets." (Y/n) told a slightly happier looking Don.

"Good girl, now you better get changed and warmed up, Joker and his entourage are due to be here at 7." Don told her, as he looked at the clock, before opening the door to leave.

"Just do what you do every performance (Y/n) and knock him dead." Don said, leaving her to contemplate what could be a very short future if she didn't knock him dead.

After finishing her hair and makeup (Y/n) put on the dress that Joker had stipulated she wear. To say it was slightly scandalous would be an understatement. The back of the dress was cut down so low that it exposed all of her body right down to the small of her back; the front plunged so dramatically that if it had gone down any further she would have been arrested for indecent exposure.

As she made her finishing touches, (Y/n) had to admit that she felt strangely sexy, there was something about being so exposed that made her feel vulnerable, yet excited; and the thought of appearing in such a garment in front of a man like Joker, was unexpectedly, making her insides heat up in the most wonderful ways.