Phantom - Arthur x Reader

So, I'm back. I have to admit that I have still been debating about whether to continue, as having what I write described as outlandish, I must admit I found very hurtful; but as it is coming up to Halloween, what better time of year to give you my own style of the weird, unusual and unique. Again, to all those of you that have stuck with me and continue to enjoy my outlandish tales, thank you 😊

Arthur was never sure whether he liked Halloween. It wasn't that he was scared of things like ghosts and ghouls, witches and monsters, it was just that he had never been able to celebrate it like most children had when he was growing up. He had never had the chance to go trick or treating, never bobbed for apples, never sat around a large open fire with a group of friends, as they each tried to tell the best ghost stories they could think of.

No. To Arthur, the last day of the month of October had passed just like any other day, although he could remember looking out of the window watching as other children walked the streets, dressed in all manner of costumes as they moved from home to home in hopes of getting a sweet treat.

Now as an adult, he really felt nothing for the holiday, and just like every other celebration, he couldn't wait for the whole thing to be over.

Arthur sat in front of his TV watching an old episode of Scooby-Doo, the antics of the dog and his pesky kid sidekicks brought a small smile to Arthur's lips, as he tried to forget what was happening tomorrow.

Tomorrow was Halloween, and Hoyt, for some reason, felt the need to have a party every year on that exact night, and it might not have been said outright, but each employee was expected to at least make an appearance dressed in the best costume that they could come up with. And that included Arthur, much to his chagrin.

He wouldn't mind so much if he could have just gone to the party, said hello, and disappeared again, but no. Hoyt had to insist on costumes, and he had to insist on seeing every one, the best winning a prize at the end of the night.

Arthur couldn't afford costumes like some others, and his sewing skills weren't good enough to start making himself something special, so he would normally just turn up in his usual Carnival outfit, and make his makeup look as scary as he could. Although that being said, this year he was going to try and make a special effort. This year after many pricked and blooded fingers, he had managed to cobble together something a little different. Admittedly he didn't know whether it would actually stay stitched together, but it was worth a try, for this year (Y/n) would be there, despite the fact that it should be her busiest night of the year.

(Y/n) was relatively new to Ha-Ha's. Like the others she was a clown, but unlike Arthur and the other men, (Y/n) was not the lovable children's party clown that would bring joy to the kids. (Y/n), was in fact, a scary clown, the kind of clown that guys would hire to scare the crap out of their friends on stag nights, or kids would want for their prom nights that had horror themes.

Arthur was surprised and a little shocked to find that he and (Y/n) had become quite good friends, and despite her outward eerie character, (Y/n) was in fact anything but, being instead kind, friendly and gentle. Arthur had often asked why she did what she did, why she had chosen to be a horror movie clown rather than the happy, jolly kind, to which she would answer that sometimes it was good to be different, that it could give you an edge, and although that might not make her as popular as all the others, this is what she had chosen, and she was happy with it.

Over the months, Arthur had found that he and (Y/n) were spending more and more time together, often going out for coffee, or having lunch in the park. She had an amazing ability to always make him laugh. Her sense of humour was as dark as his, and she always seemed to come up with the funniest lines whenever they were needed. Arthur had tried to ask her if she wanted to go on a real date, one with a nice meal, some dancing, and maybe even a sweet goodnight kiss; but every time he thought that he had plucked up enough courage, it would instantly faded as soon as he had seen her beautiful smile. But tomorrow night that was all going to change. Tomorrow he would finally learn to love Halloween, as tomorrow, hopefully, (Y/n) would agree to a date.