My girl - Joker x Reader

"Joker. Someone wants ta see ya." A man called out hesitantly, as he made his way into the room where Joker sat on a large chair, a young woman giggling as she sat on his lap.

"Who the hell would dare come here, who..........." Joker began with a growl, only to find himself stopped midsentence as a woman pushed her way passed the gathered Joker followers, all wearing their now infamous masks.

"Me!" The woman declared, glaring at Joker as he pushed the woman from his lap, abruptly standing up and staring in disbelief at the woman before him, an air of anger, sadness and pain emanating from her of she stood before the feared clown prince of crime.

"What......what are you doing here (Y/n)?" Joker asked, as he signalled for his men to leave the room.

"I had come to see if it was true, to see if the man I loved was really dead, to see if he had become just another of your victims; and as I face you now, I see that there is nothing left of Arthur. Now I know, I will leave you, you obviously have much more important things to do." (Y/n) told Joker, a scowl on her face as she looked over at the woman that had draped herself across the large chair that Joker had just been sat in.

(Y/n) had been Arthur's girl, the only one that had ever supported and cared for him, the only one that had loved him. He had shielded her from his crimes even though he desperately wanted to tell her, sure that she would never abandon him, never tell the police; but with his final decent into this madness, with his alter ego finally taking his rightful place as the one in charge, Joker had forgotten about the woman Arthur loved, the woman that was sweet and kind, patient and loving; yet now as she turned to walk away, out of his life, Joker knew that he wanted what was Arthur's.

"(Y/n), it's still me." Joker declared, as he grabbed her forearm, spinning her around violently so that they were face to face.

"NO! YOU'RE NOT HIM!" (Y/n) screamed into the clown's face, as she desperately struggled to get away from his grasp.

"My Arthur was the sweetest, kindest, most wonderful man in the world, he would have done anything for me, and he would never have hurt me." (Y/n) said, as she finally managed to pull her arm away, her hand slapping the shocked Joker across the face.

"Arthur was a spineless coward, he allowed himself to be used like a doormat, walked over by people like Randall; he allowed that bitch Penny to use him, keeping him in that flea infested rat hole of an apartment so that he could spend every spare moment of his pitiful life looking after her. He was even too much of a weakling to take you; after almost a year of being together, he didn't have enough balls to take the one thing he wanted more than anything, to carry you to the bed in that shitty apartment and show you what he'd dream of doing to you every night since he had first seen you smile, heard that laugh. I am the new and improved version, and I know what I want and how to take it." Joker growled, as he pushed (Y/n) up against the wall, his hands cupping her face as she tried to wriggle out from under his body.

"You are no improved version of Arthur, I don't know what are; but no matter what you say, my Arthur was perfect, and I wanted nothing more than to be with him for the rest of my life, but obviously I wasn't good enough to stop him from being taken by you. You killed the only man I ever loved, so if you are going to kill me, then kill me, I don't care; you've already taken everything from me, so why not just put me out of my misery." (Y/n) said, fighting back the tears that threatened to fall as Joker finally moving away, the feared clown for once not knowing what to say.

"And you are right, it is more than obvious that you know what you want, and I think you'll find that your young.........lady, is waiting for you. My apologies for disturbing you Joker, don't worry, you won't ever see me again." (Y/n) scoffed, as she turned around, and made her way out of the large grand home that Joker and his followers had taken residence in while the rest of the city burned.

"Joker." The woman hummed seductively, as she came up behind him, draping her arms over his shoulders.

"I'm getting lonely, you don't need that uptight, prissy bitch, you've got me. Isn't there something that you'd like to do." The woman cooed, into Joker's ear, staring up at him in disbelief as she found herself knocked to the floor.

"Get out of here whore, you aren't worth my time or energy. And that bitch as you call her, is my girl; now get out before I regret letting you live." Joker warned, the woman quickly jumping to her feet, and running from the room.

Joker walked back over to his chair, dropping into it unceremoniously as he let (Y/n)'s words seep deep into his psyche. (Y/n) had been the only girl that he ever wanted, the only girl he would ever want; Joker had let himself forget about her, let his new found power and notoriety go to his head, the woman that were now throwing themselves at him, taking his mind away from what was important. He had been surprised at himself that he still hadn't lost his virginity to one of the multitude of females that all claimed they loved him, that all claimed they would do anything for him; but as he had looked at (Y/n), the strong, brave woman that he knew better than anyone, he knew why he had not indulged in the favours of any of the others, he knew that the only one he wanted was (Y/n).

"Joker." A voice said nervously, bringing Joker back from his sudden realisation.

"Do you want me and some of the boys to go take care of that woman? She shouldn't be talkin ta you like that." A masked man asked, as he and a couple of others came back into the room, the group ducking as Joker shot a number of bullets over their heads.

"If any of you even think about touching her, next time you'll find those bullets lodged between your eyes. Now, get out before my aim becomes infinitely better." Joker said, laughing as the man scurried out of the room, desperate to not upset their boss any further.

Joker placed the gun back inside his jacket, the smile dropping from his face as he realised that getting (Y/n) back in his life was not going to be easy; but whatever it took, she would be his girl, and sit by his side where she belonged, taking her rightful place as the Queen of Gotham.