Prestidigitation - Part 3 - Arthur x Reader

Arthur couldn't help but watch her. Despite all the noise, colour and chaos. Despite the excited screams of the children that were currently surrounding him, she was the one thing holding his attention. (Y/n) looked beautiful, her fitted costume hugging her every subtle curve. The fishnet stockings and black heels that graced her well-turned legs, allowing Arthur to see what Gary had meant when had remarked that he would never forget them. And it was obvious from the look in the eyes of several other men that strolled around the zoo with their children, that they would never forget them either. Much to the chagrin of the women by their sides.

"So, what do you think?" A voice enquired. Arthur handing yet another balloon animal to a child before turning his attention to the little man by his side.

"What do I think of what..........?" Arthur replied, hoping that Gary hadn't noticed that his attention had been held by the beautiful magician since they had arrived at the zoo.

"Oh please. You haven't taken your eyes off her since we got here. I must admit that I'm pretty impressed though. I have never seen anyone that can blow up and make balloon animals without even looking. Its is quite a skill, Arthur." Gary chuckled. The little man still able to see the tinge of pink that had creeped up onto his friend's cheeks, despite the thick theatrical makeup.

"I.........I............." Arthur stammered in reply, as suddenly all the balloons dropped from his hands. The flustered clown not noticing that (Y/n) had quickly made her way over to them. Arthur too concerned with grabbing the brightly coloured bit of rubber than anything else. Well, that was until he caught a glimpse of ankle. Until he caught the glimpse of a calf, a knee. And then a thigh...........

"Arthur, I need you.................."

"You.........what............you........you need me? W-w-why.............?" Came the reply. A wide eyed Arthur spluttering like a misfiring car as he finally got to his feet. His heart pounding at a pace, as (Y/n) smiled at him.

"I've had an idea. My little show is about to begin in a second, and its really supposed to be just me, but............I think it would be much more fun to have Carnival as my beautiful assistant. All you have to do is be you and follow my lead. Okay?...................."

"But I can't. I don't know what to do." Arthur tried to protest, as (Y/n) took his hand and pulled him to the back of a little stage that had been set up.

"And that's what will make it more fun. Just go with the flow, and if you make a mistake, don't worry. I'll cover for you." (Y/n) replied, as she placed him behind the red curtain. The exquisite magician taking a deep breath, as she heard the zoo director announce the beginning of her show. The conjurer placing a quick kiss to Arthur's cheek, before she stepped through the scarlet drapes. The sounds of children laughing and clapping filling the air, as she took a bow.

For a moment, Arthur stood there not quite sure what to think. It was true that he could do a little bit of magic himself. He could make a bunch of flowers appear from the end of a wand. A coin materialise from behind an ear. But it was nothing compared to what (Y/n) was capable of doing. And he really had no idea how to be a beautiful assistant. But he didn't want to let her down. He really wanted to help and make as good an impression as possible. Because if (Y/n) did already like him as Gary had said, he didn't want her to change her mind.

"Now, I would like to introduce you to my beautiful assistant, Tatiyanna." Arthur heard (Y/n) suddenly announce. The curtains being pulled apart to reveal him standing there. The whole crowd laughing, as they looked at the wide eyed clown.

"Carnival! You aren't my beautiful assistant. You look nothing like Tatiyanna." (Y/n) declared, as she softly took him by the ear and pulled him onto the stage. Arthur doing his best to pretend that he was struggling against it.

"What do you think, boys and girls. Do you think that I should make Carnival my beautiful assistant?" The stunning conjurer enquired, as she positioned Arthur at the front of the stage. A cheer going up from the crowd.

What followed was a whirlwind of colour, movement and magic. Arthur endeavouring to keep up with (Y/n), as she went from one trick to the next. Doing his best to be funny and, as she had told him, follow her lead. The clown taking the initiative to break out into one of his silly dances behind her back. The children shouting for (Y/n) to look around, only for her to find him standing still and trying to look innocent. And every time that he had made a mistake, she had been there by his side to make light of it. To make out that it was part of the act. Arthur himself nearly bursting into a happy laugh, as she suddenly made Gary appear from a box that had been placed on the stage long before any of this had started. The little man waving at the crowd, before racing from the stage. Pulling behind him a long chain of silken handkerchiefs and a rather large pair of male underwear.

And then it was over. (Y/n) holding his hand, as the pair bowed to an appreciative audience, before she pulled him back behind the curtain. Arthur finding (Y/n) hugging him. His arms instinctively wrapping around her waist as she held him tight.

"Arthur, you were amazing. That went so much better than I had even hoped it would." (Y/n) told him, as she finally pulled away. Just enough so that he could see her smile.

"But I made mistakes..............."

"Mistakes? They were nothing. In fact, it made everything more fun. We should do this more often. I think that it would create quite a storm. You and I were made to be partners, Arthur." (Y/n) interrupted. Her smile getting broader. Arthur's heart beating quicker once again, at the idea that she would think that they were made for each other. Even if it was just for work.

"You know what............? I think that I owe you a coffee after this. Maybe we could go out somewhere after we're finished here.........?" (Y/n) continued. Arthur finding himself nodding in agreement. More than happy with the idea of being able to spend time with (Y/n). More than happy to be wherever she was.

"Great. Well, lets do what we need to do here, and once we're changed into something a little more comfortable, I'll take you to a little place owned by a friend of mine." The magician added. Arthur reluctantly letting her leave his arms, but not before she had placed another kiss to his cheeks. The clown watching as she walked away.

"See you soon, my little Joker............"