Set your wild heart free - Joker x Reader

I know I haven't done a proper Joker imagine for a while, so I hope that this makes up for it. 🃏🤡❤️

Joker sat in his chair waiting for his favourite doctor to show up for their meeting. Her didn't normally like talking to shrinks but she was different, her visits were the highlight of his week, and he always looked forward to seeing her beautiful face.

As the keys jangled in the lock, Joker sat up straight as the door to the room opened and the woman stepped in; no matter how bad his week had been, her smile would always make him feel better, and as she sat down in the chair across the table from him placing down her notepad and pen, he couldn't help but smile.

"Good morning Arthur, and how are you today?" Oh, how Arthur loved that voice.

"Good morning Doctor (Y/l/n), I'm quite well thank you. Much better for seeing you." Joker replied, chuckling slightly as that familiar pink hue that he loved so much, flushed her cheeks.

"Well, that's very good to know Arthur. Now, can you tell me has anything changed since I saw you last?" She asked, he fingers slowly flicking through her previous notes.

Joker stayed quiet for a moment, watching as she waited for his answer. "Doctor, could I ask you a question?" He asked with a mischievous glint in his eye.

"Arthur, I'm the one supposed to be the one asking you questions; but as long as you promise that the question is appropriate, then I suppose you can." She said happily, closing her notepad and placing it back on the table.

Joker placed his elbows on the table and dropped his face into his hands, smiling broadly at the woman in front of him.

"Why do you work here?" He asked, watching her intently as she thought for a moment.

"Well, the work is interesting and varied, and there's never a dull moment. Also, I'm fond of my patients and I want to look after their welfare." The doctor told him, shaking her head as Joker leaned further across the table.

"So, you care about your patients? Even me?"

Joker could help but feel his heart pound violently in his chest as she giggled softly at his question. "Of course, I care about you Arthur, I'm hurt that you might think I don't."

"But I'm a murderer (Y/n), I've done bad things." Joker told her, as he reached for the cigarette.

"Arthur, all of my patients have done bad things, that's why they are here." (Y/n) replied, fanning away the plume of smoke than now enveloped her with her hand.

"So, you don't mind being surrounded by murderers and psychopaths that might hurt you if they were given half a chance?" Joker enquired, his eyes staring into hers as she contemplated her answer.

"I don't think of my patients like that, it's not my job to judge; my job is to help as best I can. I only want what's best for my patients." (Y/n) explained, Joker smiling as he saw the look of sincerity in her eyes.

"Who's your favourite?" Joker asked abruptly, as he butted out his cigarette in the ashtray in front of him.

"Favourite what?" (Y/n) enquired, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Well, I know that I'm not your only patient, and all the others like when they get to see you too, so my question is who is your favourite patient?" Joker teased, giving her his best puppy dog eyes.

"Firstly Arthur, I don't discuss other patients; and secondly, I don't play favourites; I'm very fond of all of you. Now, where are you going with all these questions?" (Y/n) chuckled, as Joker pretended to pout.