Dark Night - Part 3

I know that the movie is actually based in the 80s, but I have updated to modern day for this imagine. It's a little shorter than the previous chapters for this imagine as I have to get back into the swing of writing this one. Note that there are mentions of previous attempted suicide.

Arthur quickly made his way back to the green room as the cheers for (Y/n) continued; he still had a job to do, and if he didn't do it properly he knew that Hoyt would find out and he would never hear the last of it.

"(Y/n), what is it with this guy?" Connor asked, as he followed her back into the green room, slamming the door behind him.

"How can you still care about this Arthur after all the shit you went through?" Connor said, sitting down next to her on the sofa, both seeming to not realise that someone else was in the room.

"It's not that I still care....... it's just that what happened affected me for so long that I had to write something. I've avoided the memories of that day for as long as I can and being back here has just reminded me of the friendship that we did have once." (Y/n) said, looking down at her hands.

"Friendship? Friendship? Are you kidding me? It was because of that bastard you did this." Connor said, grabbing hold of (Y/n)'s hands, turning them over to look at the wrists that were always covered by leather cuffs. Slowly he removed the straps that held to leather in place, revealing an old pink scar that spread from one side of her wrist to the other.

"That was all down to me, not Arthur." (Y/n) said, as Connor brushed his thumb lightly across the scar.

"If he hadn't said what he said that day would you have harmed yourself (Y/n)? Would you have sat in a hot bath and cut your wrists if Arthur had been a real friend? Would you have spent all that time in hospital recovering if Arthur had ever really cared about you?" Connor asked, pulling (Y/n) into his side as she began to cry.

Arthur couldn't believe his ears, suddenly bolting for the door as he felt a wave of nausea take over him; he had to get out of there, he couldn't listen to anymore.

As he stood in the washroom, the contents of his stomach gone, he stared in the mirror hating himself more than he ever had before. (Y/n) had tried to kill herself, she had tried to kill herself because of him. How could he tell her he cared now? How could he possibly make her his? How could he apologise after what he just heard? No matter what he said, nothing but nothing could make up for that.

Arthur made his way to the exit, he didn't care that the job wasn't finished, he didn't care that Hoyt would yell and scream at him when he went back to work, he had to get out, he had to vanish, to think.

                                                               >>---------------------------<<

"Well someone made the headlines." Gary said, throwing down the paper on the vanity in front of Arthur.

Arthur had already seen the headlines, already read the article, and after the last couple of days he had had, he wasn't really in the mood to talk, but he knew that Gary would ask anyway.

"What the hell happened? Did you talk to her?" Gary asked, picking back up the paper and looking at the pictures.

Arthur already knew the headline word for word. "WHO IS (Y/N)'S MYSTERY MAN?"

The article spoke of how amazing the show had been, but the focus was on the last song that (Y/n) had sung, about who the mystery "friend" had been, and how he could have possibly broken her heart; but it wasn't only the local press that had picked up on it, the entertainment news had had it as one of the big stories for the last couple of days, and there seemed to be a sudden rush of paparazzi in town, trying to get any information they could about who this guy could be.