A Pirates Life for Me

Ok, I know I've probably lost the plot completely now, but I'm having another one of my strange flights of fancy 🤪 I was watching Pirates of the Caribbean again, and I just got the strange idea of our favourite man as a swashbuckling pirate and I had to write this. I just hope you all enjoy my strange idea as much as I do 😁 and if you think it warrants a second part, just let me know.

There was a cry from the crow's nest alerting the men on the deck below. "CAPTAIN! SHIP ON THE STARBOARD BOW!"

The agitated captain pulled out his telescope and looked to where the man high above the deck was pointing. After a few moments the captain dropped the glass to his side, his skin draining of colour as small droplet of perspiration formed on his brow, his shaking form obvious to the crew as they grew quiet, looking at their captain.

"We're dead! It's the Devils Own!" The captain gasped, as he stumbled forward; his words shaky and quiet as the idea of the inevitable outcome sank into his soul; but members of the crew close to the captain heard his words, and panic ensued as the crew ran around the deck searching for places to hide or a way to escape.

The fear of the crew was warranted; the ship, 'The Devil's Own', had earned its reputation as being the fastest and deadliest ship on the seven seas; it was a ship like no other, and its huge size deceived those that lay their eyes on it as it cut its way through the water as if it was nothing more than air. The captain of the dreaded vessel was spoken of in hushed tones as the most blood thirsty buccaneer to sail the Caribbean; said to be able to use magic to control the waters, their reputation for taking no prisoners was well know, only one lucky man would be left alive to tell their tale to others, and all bore a brand mark that was seared into their arm by the captain themselves. The crew would be killed, the ship would be stripped of anything valuable or useful and then it would be scuppered, sending it down to Davey Jones' locker.

The captain plucked up the courage to take another look through his telescope, and he watched as the flag of the ship was raised; a black skull with devil's horns and two crossed pitchforks set against a blood red background fluttered in the wind; as the distraught man's eyes moved to the deck, as he saw a figure make movements with their hands causing a black glowing mist to surround them. The captain shuddered, as his ship began to shake violently in the water, the sea around it churning and foaming as the vessel came to a dramatic stop, sitting motionless in the water despite the wind blowing strongly through the sails.

Some men fell to their knees to pray to any god listening, while others tried to throw themselves overboard, only to find they couldn't as the ship seemed to be surrounded by an invisible field that prevented them from leaving the stricken vessel, denying them any possible salvation.

The eyes of the crew grew wide as the hauntingly beautiful ship that held their fate bore down on them at great speed. Within moments The Devil's Own pulled up alongside its victim.

The crew's hearts sank as an eerily beautiful voice was heard drifting through the wind.

"Mister Christian. Give the order if you will."

"Aye, aye captain. YOU HEARD THE CAPTAIN, DOGS. PREPARE TO BOARD!"

With the order, planks were placed between the two ships as a roar went out and the ship was rushed. Men came streaming over the planks and others swung between the ships landing heavily on the deck, the crew of the stricken vessel cowering as they looked at the men that now stalked their ship, men of every creed and every colour stood with their swords and muskets drawn.

"CAPTAIN BOARDING." A broad English voice shouted out, and the crew of the Devil's Own stood up straight and turned to watch as two figures came across one of the planks between the ships. The first figure was a large man with long blonde hair pulled back into a ponytail, his eyes were the deepest blue and his muscular frame was elegantly draped in a white cotton shirt and black breeches. He stood down on the deck and held out his hand for the figure behind him to take; the figure was smaller but still looked strongly built, dressed completely in black with a large hood covering their head, they stepped down onto the deck, and as they did the dark figure removed their hood to reveal a woman.