The Jester - Part 3

"Let go of me you overgrown oaf! Let me go!" (Y/n) shouted, as she kicked and kneed the man that was carrying her over his shoulder, his low mocking laugh irritating (Y/n) all the more.

"Keep still ya wriggling worm, someone wants to meet ya." The large man said in a rumbling voice, his arm wrapping itself around her legs as he tried to prevent her from kicking him any further.

Before (Y/n) could say any more, she was dropped unceremoniously to the floor, the blanket pulled from her head as she squinted her eyes trying to adjust to the sudden change in light.

"Where have you brought me, who are you?" (Y/n) asked, her eyes widening as she saw that she was surrounded by men all wearing the same masks as the big man that had taken her.

"Ya in the Jester's camp, and we are his men." The large men boldly declared, backing away slightly as (Y/n) sprung to her feet pulling the small dagger from the waistband of her gown, pointing it at the big man.

"And what ya gonna do with that little toothpick, I've seen bee stings that are bigger than that." The big man chuckled, the other men joining in, only stopping as (Y/n) began to smile.

"Oh, this little thing is called a distraction." (Y/n) declared, as she suddenly threw the dagger at the man, the blade passing just by his face as he tried to duck.

Within seconds, (Y/n) had grabbed a sword from the belt of one of the shocked men, wielding the larger blade expertly as the men stared at her.

"I am lady (Y/n) of Aquitaine, cousin of the king, and I demand to see this so called Jester, or is the coward too scared to face a woman with a blade?" (Y/n) called out, as a murmur went around the mass of men.

A sudden laugh from behind her caused (Y/n) to turn on her heels, dropping the sword to her side as an eerie white face appeared from the darkness of the forest.

"Well, looks like we found ourselves a prize, gentlemen; not only do we have a lady, but a lady that is a cousin of that coward that dares call himself the king." Jester said, slowly walking up to her as he continued to chuckle.

"I am also the cousin of the true king, and I am here because of Richard, not John." (Y/n) declared, as she regained her composure and pointed the sword at the painted outlaw that leant against his long staff.

"Where are Gisborne, the Sheriff, his men? What did you do to them?" (Y/n) asked, steadying herself as the Jester moved ever closer, a wide smile spreading across his face.

"Why would such a pretty little bird like you be concerned about the likes of Gisborne and the Sheriff, one might get the impression that you were wed to one of them." Jester joked, furrowing his brows as the lady in front of him looked down at the ground.

"Interesting. I know that the Sheriff is not wed, so you must belong to Gisborne." Jester growled, as he suddenly lurched towards the lady, only to find the blade against his throat.

"I do not and will never belong to that black hearted assassin. John may have promised him my hand, but I will never bed that demon. When Richard returns from the Holy Lands he will never allow it, and if you and your fools here had not taken me, I could have been happily ensconced in Nottingham pretending that I was interested in helping that idiot of a Sheriff find you. I have no intention of returning to London to be wed to that serpent, so just hope for your own sake that you have not spoiled my plans to ignore your existence and your crimes for as long as I possibly can. Now, I say again, where are Gisborne, the Sheriff and his men?" (Y/n) hissed, as she stared at the man right in front of her, her blade pushing ever so slightly further into his skin.

"Your betrothed and the Sheriff ran off as soon as it was clear that they were outnumbered, and it would appear that you are also outnumbered my lady, so why don't you be a good girl, and put down your sword?" Jester told her, slowly raising his hand to move the blade away from his neck, only to find an angry (Y/n) grabbing him as she pushed the sword against his belly.

"They may be cowards, but I assure you that I am not; just like my cousin I have the heart of a lion, and I refuse to back down. So, I will fight you and all your men if I have to; and I assure you that if you refer to Gisborne as my betrothed one more time I will take great delight in slicing you limb from limb." (Y/n) almost bellowed, thrusting out her sword out, only to have Jester spin round out of her way with a flourish as he chuckled softly.

"Looks like we have found the only person in Nottingham with a backbone, now let's see if you can fight as well as your cousin, my lady." Jester declared, Matthew throwing him a sword, as (Y/n) took her stance ready for the fight to come.

"Oh, I assure you, I'm not just as good as my cousin, I'm better." (Y/n) shouted, as the sound of clashing swords filled the small camp, Jester's men settling down to watch the show, making bets as Jester and the lady thrust and parried, the two exchanging one blow after another as they tried to best their opponent.

"Not bad for a woman, but some might say that your form was a little sloppy." Jester laughed, as he ducked to avoid the lady's blade swinging at his head.

"Sloppy? I will have you know that I was trained by the best swordsmen from France and Spain." (Y/n) panted, as she dodged the trust of Jester's sword that was aimed at her thigh.

"Well that explains it. If you had been taught by an Englishman your form would have been so much better." Jester teased, looking in confusion at the woman that had momentarily backed away from him, even more confused as she gripped at her skirt and cut it off with her sword, revealing the pair of breeches she wore beneath.

"Oh, I was taught by an English man also, now I'm going to show you what he taught me." (Y/n) announced, suddenly advancing on a still shocked Jester.

A murmur went up around the crowd of men, more coin changing hands as suddenly the lady's fighting style changed, each of her blows coming down on Jester like the wrath of god, the two combatants fighting as if every thrust of their blade was their last.

Without warning (Y/n) found herself pushed up against a tree, Jester trying to use his strength against the woman as she struggled against his body.

"You might fight well, but you aren't as strong as your cousin. You ain't no lion, you're just a pretty pampered pussy cat." Jester hummed into her ear, his warm breath fanning over her neck as for the first time since he had laid eyes on her, Jester was able to take in the heady scent of the beautiful woman that squirmed between his body and the tree.

With a deep guttural groan, Jester found himself on the floor, his hands clutching his aching manhood, as well as nursing his bruised pride.

"Typical man! Always brought to his knees by the tiny insignificant things between his legs. And you will find, that even pampered pussy cats have teeth and claws." (Y/n) said with a chuckle, as she leaned against the tree looking down at the feared outlaw writhing around on the floor, his men grumbling as the ones that had bet on him had to pay up.

"You cheated." Jester groaned, as he tried to get his breath, struggling to his knees as he looked up at the laughing lady.

"That was not cheating, you are just a sore loser. If you had been taught by a real Englishman, then he would have told you that you had to use the surroundings to your advantage, and I just happen to use that small inconsequential, low lying mound in your breeches to my benefit." (Y/n) scoffed, as she stepped forward and offered Jester her hand.

"Now, seeing that you have ruined my plans of just staying in Nottingham, and pretending I cared about your little crime spree, you are stuck with me until I can find my way out of this damn marriage to Gisborne." (Y/n) declared, as she pulled a still groaning Jester to his feet.

"Well, what does a lady have to do to get a goblet of wine in this forest?" (Y/n) asked defiantly, as she threw her sword to one of the men, standing in front of the others as they scurried off looking for the casks of wine that were hidden near the camp.

Jester shook his head, as he looked the lady up and down, his men rushing back with the best goblet they could find, filled to the brim with dark red wine, wondering if he had just found more trouble than even he could handle.