Lost Girl - Arthur x Reader

Arthur quietly watched the figure dig through the dumpster at the back of the diner, it wasn't the first time that he had watched the kid try and find some food, and each time he had witnessed their desperate attempts to survive, it had broken his heart a little more.

Life in Gotham was hard for many people, Arthur included, but at least he had a roof over his head, this kid on the other hand had cardboard boxes set up in one of the many rat infested back alleys that the city had to offer. It was true that many slept rough, but this particular person had caught Arthur's eye, and even though he didn't have much himself, he found that for some reason he wanted to help.

Even though he had been watching the person for a while, he had never actually seen the face of the kid, he had noticed that they always wore a big hood that hid their features, and many layers of clothing that made it impossible for Arthur to know whether the kid was male or female; but he was determined to do whatever he could to help, and put his little plan into action.

Taking a deep breath, Arthur stepped out from the shadows where he had been observing, and coughed softly hoping not to scare the kid away.

"Look mister, I don't want any trouble, I'm just hungry. I'm leaving ok." A beautiful female voice said hesitantly, as she backed up against the dumpster.

"I'm sorry........ I didn't mean to scare you; I just didn't want you looking for something to eat in there." Arthur said, his eyes growing wide as the figure removed its hood to reveal features of a woman beneath.

She was older than Arthur had expected, and despite the dirt and smudges on her skin, to Arthur's eyes she was completely exquisite, her pale grey eyes looking nervously into his.

"I'll just go find another dumpster, got to eat somehow." She said, trying to get away, only to find Arthur's hand gently grab her wrist as she moved passed him.

"I....... I didn't mean that." Arthur said, letting go of her wrist.

"I mean, let me take you inside and buy you something real to eat." He said, now hoping more than ever that she would accept his invitation.

"Why..... why would you want to do that?" She asked, looking up at the stranger; she had lived on the streets long enough to know who to avoid, long enough to know who was a creep and who wasn't, and as she looked at the man, his sharp yet soft features made her want to smile which was something that she hadn't done in a very long time.

"Because, well...... I've seen you dig around in there before, and I just wanted you to have something warm to eat instead of something cold and out of the trash." Arthur said, offering her is hand.

"My name is Arthur by the way." He said, smiling as she took his hand.

"(Y/n), my name is (Y/n)." She said, as Arthur took her to the front of the building, opening the door so that she could enter.

The stares of the waitress and the cook did not distract Arthur as he led (Y/n) to one of the empty booths, handing her a menu as she sat down.

"Order anything you like, its on me." Arthur said softly, watching as she pulled off the hat that covered her head, almost gasping as curls of perfect white hair fell over her shoulders and down her back.

"Strange lookin aint I?" She laughed, as she saw the slightly shocked look on Arthur's face.

"It's like a genetic mutation, I was born without melanin in my hair, so its been white since I was a kid; makes me look like an old witch." (Y/n) chuckled, as Arthur shook his head.

"It makes you unique, I...... I think its beautiful." Arthur said, smiling as (Y/n) blushed at the compliment.

"Wow, you really know how to impress a girl, Arthur, hot food and compliments, its been a long time since I've had either of those." (Y/n) said with a sad smile, as Arthur blushed himself.