Special Agent - Part 7

"Three days! Three fucking days!" (Y/n) muttered as she paced her hotel room.

The death of Jackson had happened three days ago, and detective Murray was still to contact her about being able to resume her interviews with Joker. She had made her mind up to go down to the GCPD headquarters and demand to know what the hell was going on; she had already had to contact Steve at Quantico and get him to authorise an extension to her stay, and he wasn't happy, even offering to contact the useless bunch of morons, as he put it, so that he could finally get his agent back.

And it wasn't like there was even anything to do in Gotham, so it had felt like she had been locked in the shitty hotel room for a month, even the extra case files that she had brought with her had proved of little interest. Putting on her suit, she wrapped her large overcoat around herself, as she looked out of the window, watching the light drizzle hit the glass.

"Does it ever stop fucking raining in this city?" (Y/n) groaned to herself as she made her way from her room, and onto the busy street; hailing a cab, she watched as the city passed by, she had to admit that there was a certain gothic grandeur about the place that you really didn't see anywhere else, but that grandeur hide many a dark secret, and many a dark heart.

Walking into the GCPD, (Y/n) was amazed by just how busy the precinct was; she had seen many police departments in her time, and they were all busy, but Gotham City put them all to shame.

"HEY! I NEED TO SEE DETECTIVE MURRAY." (Y/n) shouted to the desk sergeant, desperately trying to be heard over the throng of complaining Gothamites.

"CAN'T YOU SEE I GOT BETTER THINGS TO DO? NOW WAIT YA TURN SISTER." The desk sergeant shouted back, scrambling through the paperwork as people demanded to see a detective.

"HEY PAL! SO HAVE I, NOW WHERE THE FUCK IS MURRAY." (Y/n) growled, as she flashed her badge to the now wide eyed sergeant.

Before the uncomfortable man could answer, she felt a hand on her shoulder; spinning around (Y/n) came face to face with the man that she wanted to see.

"Special Agent (Y/n), you must be psychic; I was just going to phone you to get you to come down, we could really do with your help." Murray said, leading (Y/n) away from the cacophony of complaints.

"I'm sorry that I haven't contacted you about being able to go back and see Fleck; but its Fleck that we need help with." Murray told her, leading her into a small interview room.

"Look, I know it's been three days, but Fleck is still refusing to talk to us; you were right about Green, he went in all guns blazing and Fleck just clammed up. I've tried everything to get him to talk, but nothing has worked, so I thought that if I brought him down here, he might feel a little more like answering my questions. When we got him here, he said that he would only talk to you; all he's done since is smoke and complain. Please Agent (Y/n), do me a solid and get Fleck to talk; the sooner he does, the sooner you can get back to your interviews." Murray said, staring at her hopefully.

(Y/n) looked at the two way mirror in the room, she knew that there would be a similar one in the room that Joker was currently in, and that meant that there was no way she would be able to openly ask him what she wanted to about the events three days ago; but at least if she talked to him about the incident for Murray, she might get answers without Joker having to actually say anything.

"Ok, but after I get him to talk, I want to be back in Arkham tomorrow, and my interviews will continue as before." (Y/n) said, looking at the very happy detective.

"Sure, great, anything you want; just get Fleck to talk." Murray said, as he handed her the case file.

(Y/n) sat at the small table, her eyes fixating on the crime scene photos. The scene was bloody, the crime committed by a sloppy rank amateur; even though she knew that there was no way that Joker could have committed this crime, it was still his kind of killing, murder for an injustice, for a slight, murder as revenge. Like his crimes too, there was no long thought out process, there was no planning, or trophy taking; but unlike Joker's crimes this was a quick, extremely gory, slice and dice job, done to make the biggest mess possible, and must have left the perpetrator covered in blood, and more than obvious to anyone that may have seen him or her.