Open and shut case - Part 15 - Joker x Reader

Joker huffed, as he heard a knock at the door. His eyes quickly looking up at the clock on the wall. He was sure that no other hour in his life went as quickly as the hour that he spent with his beautiful lawyer. (Y/n) reluctantly turning off her little recorder and placing her things back in her bag.

"Well.........it looks like our time is up again. But from here, I am going back into the office, and everything is finally going to be able to start rolling. I'm meeting the private investigator at your old apartment tomorrow and.............."

"I don't want you to do that.............?" Joker interjected quickly. The killer clown fearing what she might think. Knowing, despite the fact that he hadn't seen the outside world in some time, that his old place was still as it was the day that he had killed Randall. That the place still had the police tape across the door, and the big man's blood was still over the wall.

"I have seen a crime scene before, Arthur. I'll be fine. And apart from being able to watch your Franklin show appearance over and over again, this is the best opportunity I have to see your life as it was. The photos and even your own words can only give me so much. I need to step where you stepped. To see your world. To be in your shoes." (Y/n) explained, giving the man across from her a reassuring smile. Shaking her head, as another, more abrupt and demanding knock came.

"Now, I'll be busy for the next couple of days, but..............." She continued, reaching across and grabbing his hand. Quickly scribbling telephone numbers there before she got to her feet, giving her client a broad smile.

"The top one is the office number. The bottom one my home number. If you can think of anything else, if you have any problems, just call me." The attorney added. Giving Joker one last smile, before the door was opened and she left the room.

                                                                   >>--------------------------------<<

(Y/n) held her briefcase over her head, as once again the heavens opened. Scrambling for her keys, as she got to her vehicle. The door slamming behind her, as she more or less jumped into the car. She sat there for a moment, her mouth agog, as she just stared out of the water covered windscreen. Her mind going over what had happened. But it was nothing to do with the latest interview. Nothing to do with what her client had told her. It was that kiss. A kiss that she should never have allowed to happen, but it had. And for the life of her, she couldn't seem to regret it. Her heart beating a little quicker, as she thought about his arms around her. As she thought about his lips on hers. His slight stubble scratching at her skin. The smell of him still on her clothes. Yes, it was stupid, yes it was completely unprofessional. She had kissed a man that had killed six people for goodness' sake. One on TV in front of an entire viewing audience. And yes, she was more than aware that killers could be charming. That in some cases, they could charm the birds from the trees. But Arthur was, and never had been a charmer. He had never been a smooth talker. Joker might think of himself as that, but in truth, he obviously had as little experience with the ladies, as Arthur. So, maybe it was that that made her believe that it was different. He was different. And after all, it was she that had hugged him. She that had been so happy that she had chosen to get close. To embrace him. (Y/n) dropping her head to rest against the steering wheel. A little part of her sure that she could still feel his arms. Still feel his lips..........

"Will you stop this.............? We just got carried away by the moment. He couldn't believe that someone was doing for him, what they promised. He was over emotional, and it will never happen again. You will never let it happen again. You have too much to do to get caught up in a single kiss with a man that you can never be with. It is ridiculous to even think about it like that. Now, pull yourself together. You have a job to do; so, do it............" (Y/n) chastised herself, as she raised her head and looked at her reflection in the rear-view mirror. Pushing some of her hair away from her face, before she pushed the keys into the ignition, and started the car.

                                                              >>----------------------------------<<

Joker chuckled, as he got pushed, unceremoniously, into his cell. The killer clown dropping himself happily onto his little bed. He didn't care what the fools in here, said or did to him. And now, after that kiss, he cared even less. So far, his beautiful attorney had done all that she had promised. In fact, she had already done more for him in the short time that she had known him, than anyone else had done for him in the rest of his life. The clown reaching for his thin pillow and holding it tight. Closing his eyes, as he recalled her embrace. Her arms wrapped around him. The feel of her, the smell of her, as he had held her close. And the lingering taste of her lips making him hungry for more. He knew that she had said that it was all just due to their heightened emotions regarding the good news about his case. Yet even though he wasn't the most experienced of men when it came to the fairer sex, even he knew that there was more to that kiss than that. That she had appeared reluctant to let him go. To remove her lips from his. Seeming to enjoy what had happened, as much as he had. Joker slowly moving his hand from the pillow and pushing it into his pants. Her name being moaned out, as he began to firmly rub at his aching manhood. The clown imagining himself with her, both naked in a huge bed. (Y/n) crying out his name from under him, as he finally felt like what it was to love a woman. As he finally realised what it was to be loved in return. A groan leaving his lips, as his movements became firmer, faster, more erratic. Her name leaving his lips with a guttural growl, as he finally came undone. Joker promising himself, that someday, somehow, this was all going to be real.