Creatures of the Night - Part 3

Warning: Blood play.

I hope you enjoy the final part 😉

As Joker slept, he saw images of a life that wasn't his. He saw her face, the face of the creature, but it wasn't pale; it was full of colour, full of life; a pink hue on her cheeks and a pair of beautiful green eyes. She was smiling, a beautiful sweet smile that made his heart lift; he could feel her wonderful warm nature, and an inherent kindness towards others.

Joker could tell it was long ago from the clothes she wore, and he watched in horror as the images showed her bitten by a creature that came from the dark; her body going limp as all the colour was drained from her.

He woke up with a start, his heart beating violently in his chest, his sweat soaked hair sticking to his forehead. It was true that she hadn't always been a dark creature, she had been sweet and shy, rather like Arthur was, and Joker finally knew why she was letting him live, it was because of Arthur. The two had been the same before they had changed into their own new beings, both of their new personas being forced on them; his by an uncaring society, and hers by a monster from the night.

Suddenly the commotion from outside his room caught his attention, the shouts of the guards echoed down the long empty hallways, as their big heavy boots pounded along the floor.

Joker sprang from his bed and rushed over to the door, trying to see through the small window at what was going on.

"HEY! WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?" He yelled out as he banged on his door, trying to get the attention of one of the guards that rushed past.

"HEY ASSHOLES, I'M TALKING TO YOU!" He yelled out again as he heard the commotion seemed to be focused around rooms at the end of the hall.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP CLOWN! WE HAVE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO DO THAN WORRY ABOUT YOU." One of the guards growled at him, banging a baton on his door.

"NOW SIT YOUR ASS DOWN AND WAIT UNTIL SOMEONE COMES TO GET YOU." The guard told him, as he rushed off to join the others.

"Hey, Joker!" A voice called out from another room across the hall. Joker stared out, seeing the face of one of the other inmates.

"Gibbs and Mackenzie are dead; I heard the guards talkin earlier; they found them at unlock. I saw them bring up Doc Henderson, he said something like they had no blood left." The other inmate told him, a broad smile coming to Joker's face as he realised that he was the only one that knew what had happened.

She was right when she said that there was more than one wicked soul in Arkham, the death of Gibbs and Mackenzie would not cause anyone any pain, in fact, she had probably done society a favour.

Joker sat back on his bed, his fingers brushing over his neck finding the two small indentations that her teeth had left from the night before. He couldn't help but wish that she was still there, that she could somehow stay with him in his confinement; but he knew sooner or later that he would be out of this hellhole and back on the streets, with Gotham at his feet once again. Until then he would just have to hope that she would come back.

He needed to taste her again, needed to feel her power surge through his veins, feel her body wrapped around his. Her blood was like a drug, with the most unimaginable high ever, and he needed his next fix, desperately.

Suddenly Joker was alerted by a loud bang to the door of his room, thinking it was one of the guards coming to release him, he rushed over, hoping to catch a glimpse of the aftermath of her visit; but as he looked out the small window, he saw nothing but an empty corridor.

"MOTHERFUCKERS!" Joker shouted out, believing that one of the guards had rushed past his room and knocked on the door just to annoy him.

"Someone sounds like they need to feed." A smooth voice said from behind him, causing him to spin on his heels, his eyes falling on the creature.