Special Agent - Part 8

"Good afternoon Agent (Y/n)." A happy voice said, greeting her as she came up to the guard's cage to hand in her gun and badge.

"Jack, what are you doing here?" (Y/n) said, smiling as she signed the visitors' book.

"Just my turn on the roster I'm afraid, it's nice to see you back. It's a shame what happened to Doctor Jackson isn't it?" Jack said, moving his head slightly indicating to the other guards in the room.

(Y/n) gulped, as she scanned Jack's slightly concerned looking face; growing wide eyed as she finally realised that Jack was how Joker had got his message out.

"Yeah, it was such a shock; terrible way to go." (Y/n) said, smiling slightly as she gripped the older man's hand momentarily, feeling terrible that he had been dragged into this whole terrible episode, and knowing that it wasn't just Joker that she had to protect, but also her guardian angel.

"I'll let the guards upstairs know that you are on your way up." Jack told her, nodding a little as (Y/n) made her way to the elevator.

As she made her way to where her interviews were normally held, a face she didn't want to see again suddenly appeared from around the corner, barring her way to the room.

"Ah Jesus, what the fuck do you want?" (Y/n) groaned as Detective Green stood in front of her, his arms crossed.

"I don't agree with you being able to talk to that freak." Green said, trying to look intimidating.

"I don't give a shit whether you agree with it or not, it has absolutely nothing to do with you; this is between Arkham and the FBI. Now, if you don't mind, I would like to get past." (Y/n) said, moving to walk by, but stopping as Green reached his arm out to completely fill the corridor.

"I don't care what you or Murray thinks, I know Fleck was involved in that murder somehow, and I am going to prove it." Green growled, as (Y/n) began to laugh.

"If I didn't know better, I would say that you have a crush on Arthur, because you are completely obsessed." (Y/n) mocked, laughing all the more as Green grew red in the face.

"If you think that he is involved then put your money where your mouth is and prove it; don't come in here thinking that you can stand there and intimidate me, because I assure you that it won't work. I have sat across from some of the most dangerous and sadistic men that this country has to offer, and if I'm not intimidated by a man that horrifically murdered over 40 women, then I'm definitely not intimidated by this pathetic attempt at machismo posturing. Now, I am going to promise you two things, Detective Green; firstly, if you continue to bother me, I will ensure that I inform your superiors that you are hindering me in the course of my work, and that your continued appearance and intimidating tactics are verging on harassment. Secondly, I am going to advice Arthur to procure the services of a lawyer, and I will provide them with a sworn affidavit that will say that you are fixated on Arthur Fleck, and that despite any and all evidence, you continue to focus all your attention on a person that was locked up in one of the most secure buildings in Gotham at the time of the victims death." (Y/n) said, coming up to Green so that the pair were standing face to face.

"Now get out of my way, or I promise you, you'll be singing soprano." (Y/n) told Green, as the man finally moved out of the way so that she could thankfully meet the guard that was waiting to unlock the door to the room where Arthur was waiting.

"Well don't you look beautiful darling." Joker said, smiling as (Y/n) sat down on the chair across from him.

"I think you should threaten Detective Green more often, it brings a certain twinkle to those glorious eyes of yours." Joker chuckled, as (Y/n) shook her head, smiling as she got her files out of her bag.