15.

Karlie was pacing all around her hotel room, staring at her phone and thinking if being here was a mistake. She began to text Taylor but stopped as she saw a text from the singer appear.

Hey Karlie, I was just wondering if you arrived yet. Text me when you can. Taylor

Karlie's palms began to sweat and her heart started to race. "Why am I so nervous? Get a grip Kloss." Karlie said to herself as she prepared herself to respond.

Hi Taylor. Got here a while ago. I was just relaxing a bit. When/where do you want to meet?"

As Taylor read the response her eyebrows started to scrunch together as she read "got here a while ago." Taylor was unsure why Karlie was hesitating. "She's the one who decided to jump on a plane and get here. I told her I'd be in NYC tomorrow anyway. But now she doesn't want to see me?"

Taylor didn't want to read too much into the text. It had been weeks since they saw each other and knew that Karlie was probably anxious and nervous to see her because Taylor knew that's exactly how she felt.

Taylor replied to the model's text...

I'm ready when you are. I'm at my parents house right now, but we can meet at my place if you want or I can come to you.

Taylor was a little surprised with Karlie's response...

Send me your parents address, I'll come to you. I'd love to meet them.

Taylor sent the address as her heart nearly pounded out of her chest. Not understanding why Karlie would want to meet her parents, now, of all times. 

An hour later, there was a knock at the door.  "Hi, you must be Karlie Kloss." Scott Swift said while extending his hand. Come on in, Taylor will be down in a minute."

"Thank you so much Mr. Swift."

"Oh no, any friend of Taylor's is a friend of mine. Call me Scott."

As Karlie stood there smiling at Taylor's dad, she noticed a woman making her way down the hall, towards her. Karlie could see a glowing smile on the woman's face as she got closer.

"Hello Karlie. I'm Andrea, Taylor's mom. It's so nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too Mrs. Swi-.." She was abruptly cut off, "It's Andrea. Call me Andrea."

Karlie nodded with a sheepish smile.

"Taylor should be down any minute. Would you like something to drink?" Andrea asked. Before she responded, Andrea noticed the model looking over her shoulder, her green eyes getting bigger and brighter, a slight hint of pink graced over her cheeks and her smile grew from ear to ear. Andrea turned around to see that her daughter was standing there. "I'll leave you two to talk." Andrea said as she walked away.

Taylor stood there in awe while her eyes trailed the model from head to toe. God, she's gorgeous.

"Hahaha, um thanks," Karlie said.

"I said that out loud didn't I?" Taylor asked as she felt her face turning bright red.

Both girls began to laugh before Karlie said, "You're pretty gorgeous too Swift."

"C'mon, let's go grab something to drink," the singer said while turning to walk towards the kitchen.

Taylor grabbed a couple of glasses and placed them on the island as she turned to open the fridge.

"Here, no, let me help" the model said as she was reaching for the handle on the fridge. But Taylor's hand was also in mid air and ended up on top of the models as she was opening the door.