156.

"Miss Simpson? Are you still there?"

"Yes Karlie. I was just taking it all in. It seems like there's a lot going on. Did you really mean what you said about not wanting the baby?"

"Yes, but let me explain. I want a baby. Infact, it was MY idea to want to start a family now. She's having my egg implanted in her to carry the baby that I can't carry myself. How could I ever repay her for something like that? She's giving me an amazing gift.  Of course I want a baby with her. She'd be an amazing mother. But I love my wife more than anything in this world and I refuse to lose her and I feel as though I am. I'm just thinking that maybe we need to wait."

"Karlie, let's just say you guys put off starting a family. Eventually, Taylor would need to start up the hormone therapy again. What makes you think things would be different? What would happen if her mood swings were the same or even worse? Would you not want a baby again? How long is this treatment for?"

"Two weeks." Karlie said, embarrassed that she even feels the way that she does.

"Karlie, it's ok to feel the way that you feel. These are your feelings and you are entitled to those feelings. But you need to look at the big picture, not just a snapshot. Right now you're going through a difficult time. It's normal but you made a promise to her when you married her that you'd always be there, no matter what and right now she needs you. It may not seem like it and maybe that's just Taylor's way of dealing with the internal feelings and changes in her body but you need to be her rock right now. She needs you Karlie. I know it doesn't seem like it and the things she's saying, are hurtful but this is who you love. When you love someone, you love all of them, not just the pieces and parts you choose to love."

"Miss Simpson, so what do I do?" Karlie asked in pure desperation.

"You love her Karlie. You said she's been reading a lot. That seems to what she enjoys doing right now. So go buy a book for yourself and sit by her side and read with her. When she takes a nap, clean the house so she doesn't have to. Tell her how beautiful she is all the time and what a wonderful mother she's going to make and how excited you are to be right by her side. Give her a massage. Ask her what SHE wants. You mentioned she doesn't want to eat. Well, be creative. If she has a favorite restaurant, take her. If she doesn't want to leave the house then order her favorite meal from her favorite restaurant. Re-enact one of your best trips. Take her away for the weekend. Just be there. Let her know that no matter what, you're not leaving her. You'll get through this and you'll get through it together."

"Miss Simpson, I have tried some of those things and it didn't work."

"Karlie, what is with this 'give up' attitude? Try again. Maybe whatever you tried to do two days ago will be well received today. Don't give up and throw in the towel, you'll never forgive yourself. Listen, to me...go and try again. If you need someone to talk to, call me anytime. Infact, I'm glad you called me now before starting an argument that would only end in disaster. You just bought a home. Go there. Take the syringes with you. Does she have any doctor appointments this week or next?

"No." Karlie's replied.

"Ok then. Well, you have no excuse then. Go save your marriage."

"Thank you Miss Simpson. I really needed this talk."

"No problem Karlie, bye."

Karlie began to walk up the staircase, stopping halfway to take a few deep breaths before continuing on. When she got to the bedroom door, she tapped it lightly, unsure if Taylor would want to see her.

"You can come in." Taylor said.

"Hey." Karlie said.

"Hi."