51.

Taylor sat in her LA home in complete silence. She read Karlie's text over and over again, as her heart broke each time. She loved her more than anyone or anything. This was the love of her life and breaking up with her was something she never thought would happen. Karlie was supposed to be the woman she was going to marry one day.

Taylor remembered when Karlie flew to Nashville, not wanting to wait one extra day for Taylor to get back to NYC. She thought about how they let out all of their feelings in the treehouse. How they relived the memories of two relationships that meant so much to them, only to realize that their own relationship meant that much more.

She thought about the day she walked outside on her parents patio, only to find her mom and Karlie in an embrace and seeing confirmation in her mother's eyes that Karlie really was 'the one'. Or the amusement park, when Karlie won her a giraffe because she was so determined and wouldn't give up.

Taylor will never forget the time that Karlie told her that she was going to be a VS angel and how her eyes lit up knowing that her dreams were coming true. And with the money Karlie had just received, she could have bought anything, but instead she chose to pay for a romantic getaway to Italy with her princess. It was there that Taylor gave her sunshine a promise ring and promised to always be there and to always love her forever. That same night they threw a letter and picture in a bottle into the ocean, in hopes that someone one day would find it and know that the people in the picture represented what true love really looked like.

It was moments like Karlie driving 3 hours to Rhode Island after working all day just to hold her girlfriend in her arms because she couldn't sleep without her, that meant so much to the singer.

Taylor remembered her infinity necklace and how it symbolized their never ending love for each other. How feeling Karlie's touch, while tracing that symbol on her body, calmed her and gave her a sense of comfort and serenity.

Then there were the upsetting moments. The time Taylor cheated and thought Karlie would never want her back, but she did. And not only did she promise a fresh start with Taylor, but she also promised a fresh start for Andrea. Knowing how much Taylor loved her mom and yet was so hurt by things she did in the past. Karlie wanted her to always have that bond, because a bond between a parent and child should never be broken.

She recalled the drama with Michelle and how she threatened to come between them. How Karlie walked out of the room that night while Taylor gripped onto her leg, thinking she'd lost her forever, only to find Karlie in the next room. Her sunshine held her in her arms that night and told her she'd never leave her and asked for just one thing, that she please not play with her heart as if it were a game, because she would never do that to her.

There were so many more moments that they shared that were so special. Even though they hit a few rough patches, there were still more positive and memorable moments filled with love that would never be forgotten.

Taylor held her locket in her hands as she read the message inside, "I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."

The more she read that message, the more she realized how much Karlie meant to her. She was in love with her and she didn't want to let her go. She couldn't let her go. It wasn't over, it still wasn't over.

Taylor grabbed her phone and called the love of her life. She had to tell her sunshine that she needed her, that they could work this out because they have a love that awakens the sole and makes them reach for more, that plants a fire in their hearts and brings peace to their minds.

The phone rang over and over again, but there was no answer. Taylor left a message...

Baby, I'm sorry. We can work through this. I was angry and jealous and stupid, please forgive me Karlie. I need you. I love you so much. Please call me back.