106.

It was 11pm when Karlie made her way home. As she walked in, she noticed most of the lights were off. She thought maybe Taylor had gone out with Selena or something. She stopped in the kitchen and made a sandwich before heading upstairs. As she approached the top of the staircase, she noticed Taylor's bedroom door slightly open, as the light brightened part of the hall. Karlie walked in and saw Taylor, sitting up, leaning against the headboard, scrolling through her social media.

"Hey babe." Karlie said, as she began to get undressed.

"Hi." Taylor replied, hardly audible.

Karlie made her way to the bathroom to take a shower. After several minutes, she came out and got into bed.

"So, how was your day?" Taylor asked.

"It was good. Got to hang out with my mom and sisters, which is always a good time when we're all getting along."

"How about you? What did you do today?"

"Nothing great. Spent time with my mom doing some shopping." Taylor was clearly annoyed but either Karlie has no clue or just chose to ignore it. Either way, the singer is not happy.

"Well, that sounds fun." Karlie said as she laid her head on Taylor's lap as the singer scrolled through her phone. "What time are we leaving for Nashville tomorrow?"

"We leave at 10am." Taylor said.

"Ok." The model leaned up and kissed the singer, but the kiss was cold and not reciprocated.

"Tay, are you ok?"

"Yeah, why do you ask?"

"Well, gee, I haven't seen you all day and I just went to kiss you and you didn't kiss me back. I'm just saying, that's not the norm with us."

"Why didn't you wear your ring all day? Did you even realize you didn't have it?" Taylor asked in a really pissed off voice.

"Is that what has you all 'weird'? Tay, I don't wear it in the shower, and I forgot to grab it when I left this morning. I knew I forgot it. It wasn't intentional."

Karlie tried to kiss the singer again but Taylor turned her face as their lips were about to meet.

"Now what?" Karlie asked.

"Nothing. I'm just tired. Goodnight." Taylor said as she turned over and gave her back to Karlie.

The model placed an arm around Taylor's waist and pulled her close but the singer squirmed out of her grip.

"I'm hot Karlie."

"Whatever." The model said as she turned on her side to face the opposite direction.

After thirty minutes Taylor said, "Where were you this morning?"

"What? When?"

"When you left at 10:30, where did you go?"

"I told you Taylor. I met with my mom and sisters. What's up with the fucking interrogation?"

Taylor sat up as she yelled, "INTERROGATION? I ASKED YOU TWO FUCKING QUESTIONS. WHY YOU DIDN'T WEAR YOUR RING AND WHERE YOU WENT."

Karlie now sat up as well. "WELL, I GAVE YOU ANSWERS AND YOU'RE ACTING LIKE I'M LYING!"

"BECAUSE YOU ARE!" The singer shouted. "YOU LEFT THE HOUSE WITHOUT YOUR PHONE OR A NOTE TELLING ME YOU WENT RUNNING. YOU COME BACK AND IMMEDIATELY GET IN THE SHOWER. YOU LEAVE AT 10:30 TO GO MEET HOUR FAMILY BUT AS OF TWO O'CLOCK, YOU STILL WEREN'T WITH THEM. YOU LEFT YOUR PHONE HOME AGAIN, WITH YOUR ENGAGEMENT RING AND THEN YOU WALTZ IN HERE LIKE EVERYTHING IS FUCKING NORMAL AS YOU RACE INTO THE SHOWER BEFORE KISSING ME. NONE OF THIS MAKES ANY SENSE."

"This is ridiculous." Karlie said. "I had to do a few things this morning before I picked up my mom and sisters. Do I need to run EVERYTHING by you? And so what if I took a shower before kissing you. Wouldn't you rather I be fresh and clean? And how exactly did you know I wasn't with my family at two o'clock?"

"Karlie, we kiss each other everyday with morning breath. That's something I never did with ANYONE, until I met you because we're THAT comfortable with each other. I called Kimby, THAT'S how I knew."

"So what you're checking up on me now? Go Taylurk your fans, not me. I'll be in the guest room."

Karlie grabbed her cell phone and headed to the guest room for the night. The singer was so angry that tears couldn't even form in her eyes. She banged on the wall and screamed, "WHO IS SHE? WERE YOU TRYING TO GET HER SCENT OFF OF YOU? WAS THAT THE REASON FOR THE IMMEDIATE SHOWERS WHEN YOU CAME HOME, SO I COULDN'T TASTE HER ON YOUR LIPS?"

"GO TO BED TAYLOR. I'M NOT FIGHTING WITH YOU."

The singer rushed over to the guest room and began banging on the door. "UNLOCK THE DOOR KARLIE."

"Tay, go to bed. We'll talk about this tomorrow."

"No, we'll talk about it now, Karlie."

Karlie opened the door as the singer stormed inside.

"WHO IS SHE?"

"THERE'S NO ONE, TAYLOR."

"STOP LYING TO ME. JUST TELL ME WHO SHE IS AND WE'LL CANCEL THE WEDDING."

"TAYLOR, JUST LEAVE ME ALONE, PLEASE. I'M NOT CHEATING ON YOU. I THOUGHT YOU TRUSTED ME?"

"KARLIE, THEN WHAT IS IT? MAKE ME FUCKING UNDERSTAND. WHAT'S GOING ON?"

"I HAVE CANCER TAYLOR.....I have cancer."