69.

Mexico was absolutely beautiful. The last time Tracy had been there, she was on a trip with Kurt before they had children. Since then, she had never been back. Karlie had noticed tears forming in her mother's eyes.

"Mom, are you ok?"

"Yes. I am. I'm just excited about getting to see you in your element."

Karlie gave her a little hug, as they made their way to their hotel room.

"Wow, Nike isn't playing around when it comes to their main model. This room is the size of my house. It's probably the size of your bedroom in the home you're building."

Karlie laughed at her mom's enthusiasm.

After getting changed, they made their way to the shoot site.

Several hours passed as Tracy got a real look at how exhausting modeling truly is. She was quite the proud mom as she stood over the shoulder of the photographer as he viewed all of the pictures on his laptop.

Karlie was now changed and ready to go back to the hotel as she walked over to her mother.

"Ready mom?"

"My God Karlie, look at these pictures, you are just absolutely beautiful."

Karlie blushed as she pinched her mother's cheeks and said, "I must get it from you."

Tracy smiled as the two made their way back to the hotel.

"Kar, would you like to go out to eat or order room service?"

"Let's go out."

"Great, I know this little place we can go to." Tracy said.

"I thought you never came here before?"

"Just once. A long long time ago."

The two made their way to this small restaurant on the outskirts of town. It looked like a shack from the outside and there were only 4 tables inside, but it was the best Mexican food ever.

They were lucky enough to get themselves a table and immediately placed their orders, since they were starving. While they waited, Karlie asked her mom to tell her about the time she was in Mexico. Tracy was hesitant and Karlie knew it, which was why she pushed even more.

"Well, it was a long time ago. Your dad took me here before we had any children."

Karlie's face changed at the sound of the word 'dad'.

"We were here for two weeks. Gosh, we did everything. They had these bouncing inflatable devices that they hooked up to the back of a speedboat. Your father and I bounced all over the place. I must have looked like I went a few rounds with Mike Tyson, with all of the bruises I had."

"The evenings were the best. We would go down to the beach and take a long walk along the waters edge. It was so calming."

A few tears began to fall from Tracy's eyes.

"Don't cry mom."

"I'm sorry Karlie. It's just that...nevermind."

"No, tell me what you were going to say."

"I just miss him, that's all. It's not the same. And it's just so unfair that he never got to see you fulfill your dreams. He loved you so much Karlie."

"Mom, why don't you ever talk about da-....dad?"

Their food had arrived but neither seemed hungry anymore. They had it wrapped up as they left.

"Would you walk on the beach with me?" Tracy asked.

"Of course."

The two made their way to the waters edge, as they removed their flip flops and began walking, feeling the warm water hitting their feet.