42.

Most of the two hour plane ride to St. Louis was spent with Karlie laying her head on Taylor's lap while the singer stroked her hair. They shared many glances and had one of their most intimate conversations where no words were exchanged. Karlie thought about what would happen after she returned to work, wondering if Taylor would return to LA with her or head back to Rhode Island. She knew that the conversation would have to take place eventually, but didn't want to ruin the moment they were sharing right now.

Karlie noticed Taylor, running her fingers around the infinity charm she had dangling from around her neck.

"You ok Tay? Are you nervous about something?"

The singer offered a warm smile as she leaned down to place a kiss on her lovers lips.

"No. I was just thinking about how when you were gone, I spent a lot of time in the treehouse, looking out the window, rubbing this charm just praying that what it symbolizes was really true, and it was. You came back to me and our love was still intact. I just love how the little things you do, always help calm me down. I never realized I needed anyone, until the day I met you. I've never felt more complete in my life. It's a surreal feeling. Like, I'll watch you as you sleep and I think about how I always want to protect you and never let harm come your way. I love that my family loves you as much as I do. I'm just so happy Karlie. YOU make me so happy and I'll love you forever."

Karlie sat up, as they now sat side by side. She grabbed the singers hand, where she began to play with her fingers. "I feel the same way about you. No matter what gets thrown our way, you'll always be worth me fighting for. It's funny because I don't remember what my life was like before you. It's almost as if it was so insignificant that it's not even worth remembering. All I know is that, I don't ever want to go back to a time where my life was without you in it. I love you more than you'll ever know."

The two girls leaned in for a passionate kiss as Karlie leaned back, pulling Taylor on top of her. She felt the singer nuzzle her face in the crook of her neck as Karlie pulled the blanket over them.

In forty minutes they had landed. Taylor's security team arranged for a car ahead of time to pick them up. The girls made their way to the SUV, and off they went to Karlie's childhood home, to surprise her family for the second time this week.

The girls got to the door as Karlie knocked on it. She could hear her mother's voice in the distance, "Coming."

As the door opened, the girls yelled, "SURPRISE!"

"Oh my God, Karlie....and Taylor," she said with a very happy and surprised tone in her voice. She pulled them both in for a tight hug.

"What are you two doing here? I mean, I'm glad you're here but what are you doing back so soon?"

Karlie laughed as she pulled her mom in for another embrace. "Well, your surprise didn't go as planned the first time around, so I wanted to make it up to you and it just so happens that my gorgeous girlfriend wanted to come along."

"Ohhh, Taylor." Karlie's mom pulled her in for a hug and whispered, "I'm so glad you're here."

The three ladies went into the kitchen to have some tea. The house was empty, since the other three girls decided to go to the mall.

"So, how are things with you two," her mom asked with a smile on her face.

"Well, thanks to you, everything is perfect." Taylor said as she reached for Karlie's hand, giving it a squeeze.

"Oh, it had nothing to do with me. I just offered a few words of advice, the rest was up to the two of you. I'm glad everything worked out. Just remember that if either of you ever need to talk, call me first before making any quick decisions. I may be old but I'm full of life experiences."