48.

Karlie watched as Taylor nervously pushed her food from one side of the plate to the other while they were eating dinner.

"Is there some wrong Tay? You're hardly eating."

"No, I'm fine." Taylor said as she kept her eyes firmly planted on her plate.

"Babe, don't lie to me. Just tell me what's wrong."

"I'mgoingtoLAandimleavingthursday."

"Umm, can you say that a little slower please?"

Taylor took a deep breath and said, "I'm going to LA and I'm leaving Thursday."

The model stayed silent and continued to eat.

"Karlie, are you going to say anything?"

"What do you want me to say? You've made up your mind, so have fun." Karlie got up and brought her plate to the sink.

"Please don't be mad at me, Karlie."

"I'm not," Karlie replied as she walked out of the kitchen.

"NOW WHO'S LYING," Taylor yelled.

"STOP TRYING TO START A FIGHT." Karlie yelled back from the second floor.

Taylor knew that if she went upstairs at this moment, it would be ugly. She decided to go into the living room and play her piano. She sat there just tapping one key over and over until she started to drive herself a little crazy. She then decided to just go upstairs and have the dreaded conversation.

She walked in the bedroom, but Karlie wasn't there. Taylor continued to check all of the spare bedrooms and bathrooms but couldn't locate the model anywhere. She knew she didn't leave because she was just in the living room. The only other place she could be is on the roof terrace. As Taylor opened the door to the roof she saw the model sitting on the couch, wrapped in a blanket.

"Can I join you?"

"Go ahead," Karlie said without looking at the singer.

"Aren't you cold? It's so breezy up here."

"That's why I have a blanket. Want some?"

"Yes."

Karlie stood up and wrapped the blanket around both of them before they both sat down, side by side.
Before Taylor could say anything, Karlie turned to the singer and kissed her cheek.

"I love you Taylor Swift. Do you know that?"

"Yes," Taylor said as she began to blush.

"I'm not mad at you Tay. I was just a little disappointed. I knew it would be impossible for you to follow me all over the world. That's just unrealistic. But I really did think that you'd stick by me when we were in the states. Next week I'll be out of the country and I've been mentally preparing myself for the distance because deep down inside, I didn't think you'd come. So, having that in the back of my head and now knowing that you're leaving for LA on Thursday just makes me sad because I'm probably not going to see you for over two weeks and I'm just gonna miss you."

"Baaaabe," Taylor replied as she snuggled closer to the model. I'm sorry. I just want to finish this album and the ideas I sent to Ryan are now done and he's leaving for vacation next week. So, I only have this week to get it done and then I can get my album out. You know that if I could stay with you, I would. At least I hope you know that."

"I know that. I can't help it. Maybe if I didn't like you so damn much, it wouldn't be so hard."

"Well, I'm glad you like me this much," Taylor replied as she kissed her girlfriend.