140.

Taylor sat motionless as she read the text from Karlie. She couldn't believe that in the blink of an eye her world was falling apart. She immediately called her wife but the phone kept ringing and ringing, eventually the voicemail picked up.

"Karlie, why are you doing this? Please call me back."

The tears seemed to never end. She was absolutely devastated and quickly called Jim to come pick her up. When he arrived, they rushed back to the house, only to find Karlie was already gone. She tried calling her over and over, leaving countless messages. On the final attempt, the phone was finally answered by...Cara.

"Cara, where's Karlie? I need to speak to her."

"She doesn't want to talk to you Taylor. Give her some space. You're the one who left her, remember?"

"FUCK YOU. I left because you two just ignored me the whole time. She didn't say two words to me when I went upstairs, so I left the house, thinking she'd miss me and call me back. Do you actually think I'd leave her? I love her. Please put her on the phone."

Taylor was hysterical as she spoke to Cara. She was shaking and scared. Scared that Karlie would actually think she'd leave her and scared for Karlie's general well being. She knew Cara wouldn't care for her the way she did.

"CARA, PLEASE. I'M BEGGING YOU."

"Hold on." Cara said. "Kar, your wife is on the phone having a breakdown, better talk to her."

"Hello." Karlie said.

"Baby, please come home. I love you Karlie. I would never do anything to hurt you. I was jealous of you and Cara. I just wanted to spend time with you. So much is going on with your health and now we're in limbo as we wait for the results of your tests for another two days. You're not a burden to me. I don't need a break or a fucking vacation. I just need you. You're my everything, why can't you see that?" Taylor continued to cry as Karlie stayed silent for a moment.

"Taylor, I really don't feel like having this conversation right now. I'm staying here tonight and I'll probably stay tomorrow too. Don't worry about me, I'm fine. Take some time for yourself. And don't worry about coming for the results on Wednesday."

With that, Karlie hung up as Taylor's heart broke.

----------

"Hello? Tracy? It's Taylor. I'm sorry it's so late but can we talk, please?"

"Yes, of course. Is Karlie alright? Did something happen?"

"Yes, she's fine. It's just that, everything is falling apart and I don't know what to do. You're the only one she'll listen to."

Taylor went on to tell Tracy everything that happened.

"Taylor, calm down. Everything will be fine. I'm going to call her now and we're going to get this straightened out."

Tracy called her daughter, who initially didn't answer. She called continuously until Karlie finally picked up the phone.

"Let me guess, SHE called you?" Karlie said as she answered the phone, allowing Tracy to see first hand how ruthless her daughter is being.

"Is that how you answer the phone when your mother calls? And by the way, that SHE happens to be your wife. What's going on with you?"

The line went silent as Karlie just sat there rolling her eyes.

"KARLIE, I'm talking to you."

"I HEAR YOU LOUD AND FUCKING CLEAR MOM!"

"KARLIE ELIZABETH, how dare you speak to me like that. What is your problem?"