168.

Karlie began to walk down the hall as Taylor stood there motionless, not sure how to react and worried about what Karlie might say. When the model arrived, she grabbed Taylor's hand and began to lead her back to her room. As they made the walk together, Karlie intertwined their fingers, giving Taylor the reassurance she needed to know that it was going to be ok.

As the door closed behind them, Karlie looked at her wife and offered a weak smile.

"Come on, let's sit down." Karlie said, as they made their way to the couch. "I heard everything you said and it's only fair that I give you a response. I think one of the worst things a person can do to someone is not offer a reaction or at least comment on something that clearly took a lot of courage for them to do. So, I want to give that to you. As I've told you countless times since we've met, I love you Taylor. I love you with all my heart and I married you because I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. You make me happy and you fill this void in me that I never knew I even had until I met you. I love everything about you, from your caring and nurturing characteristics to your overbearing, clingy and sometimes destructive behavior. My point is, that no matter what it is that makes you you, I love it. I love all of you. That's who I fell in love with."

"I'm not your past and I want to be your future but you need to work with me. I'm so proud of you to get to a point where you realize that the issues you have are with yourself and not me. I just wish it didn't take having to face a potential divorce to see that. It's ok to be flawed, we all are. I'm on your team and I need you to see that. Everything I do is for you. Not because I have to, but because I want to. I want to make you happy and feel safe. I know you get jealous and that's normal. I get jealous too. We just have a different way of expressing that jealousy. I know who you're coming home to at the end of the day. But you need to realize that I'm coming home to you to."

"The other night at the restaurant was uncomfortable for both of us, I realize that. But Paige doesn't mean anything to me. She was someone who I tried so hard to fall for, to make me forget about you but I couldn't do it. You're all I think about, every second of every day. And Gwen is just a running partner, that's it. There's nothing for you to worry about or fear."

"I sometimes feel as though we love each other so much that we can't comprehend that this type of happiness is real and truly exists. I don't want to lose you. But I also don't want anymore apologies. I want you to work on yourself and right now, maybe we do need a break. And what I mean by that is, I want you to take time for yourself and find out who you really are. If you're not secure enough with yourself, how can I expect you to be secure with me? I want us to work through this together. I want to be there for you. You don't have to go through any of this by yourself. We're in the process of starting a family. I need to make sure that any child we bring into this world is going to be raised by two parents who love each other and are a positive support system."

Karlie cupped the side of Taylor's face as she wiped away her tears and said, "I love you so much. Don't ever forget that. I need you to get better. I need you to face your fears. I want us to work and as long as you're willing to put effort into making that happen, then I'm always going to be here."

Karlie leaned forward and kissed her wife's lips.

As they pulled away slowly, Taylor began to smile.

"Thank you Karlie. I know I've hurt you so many times and you're right, I need to face my fears. Telling me you wanted a divorce made me realize how far I pushed you away. I don't want you to think that I don't trust you because I do. I'm just so afraid to lose you and I know I shouldn't be, but I am. I need help with dealing with my own thoughts but I'm ready to take that step and knowing I have you by my side makes me more confident to take that step. I love you too and maybe I am so messed up because it is a love I never experienced before. It's like, I want to just bottle up the feeling I have when I'm with you and never let it go. I don't want you to get to a point where you hate being around me or stop loving me. And I want to be the best mom to our children but I want to be an even better wife to you."

"We're going to get through this, Taylor, just don't shut me out."

Taylor nodded her head as she pulled her phone out of her handbag.

"I'm just gonna call Jim really quick to let him know I'm ready."

"Where are you going?" Karlie asked with a puzzled look on her face.

"I just thought that if we were taking a break then maybe I should go."

"Baby, listen. Call Jim and tell him he can go home. I'm going to order some room service, for us, and we'll talk more about the break. I don't want you to leave."

"Are you sure Kar?"

"Taylor, I am more than sure. Stay with me."

Taylor smiled as she placed the phone call to Jim. She could tell that he was smiling from ear to ear when she told him that she would be staying with Karlie.

In the meantime, Karlie ordered a bunch of food while Taylor was finishing up her phone call. When they were both done Karlie stood up and held out her hand for Taylor to grab it. As she pulled the singer up, she kissed her temple and led her to the bedroom.

"Lay with me. It'll be a little while before the food gets here anyway."

The two of them laid on the bed as Karlie spooned her wife. "So, tell me, how did you figure out where I was?"

"Initially I had no idea but then I figured you'd probably want to get as far away from me as possible. I wasn't completely sure you'd use an alias but my gut feeling was that you were in this hotel. I just guessed that maybe two people that you hold dear to you, would be the potential alias name. So I went with our future daughter and your moms maiden name and voila....it worked."

"Nice detective work. Maybe I'll call you my private eye now. Do you want more comfortable clothes?"

"Yeah, if you don't mind."

Karlie grabbed some fleece pants that said 'Kiss Me' across the butt and a tee shirt for Taylor to put on.

They laid back down together as Karlie explained what she wanted the break to be like.

"I think we should live separately. I mean, we'll both stay in LA but I'm going to stay in a hotel for a couple of weeks."

Taylor's eyes began to tear up at the thought of being away from Karlie and the model noticed. Karlie pulled her in a little closer and whispered, "I think a little time apart will be good for us. We'll still talk and text everyday. We won't have to tell anyone we're living separately."

"Karlie, are you sure about this?"

"I am. Isn't there a saying, 'Distance makes the heart grow fonder?' Tay, it won't be forever, just a couple of weeks."

"Kar, is the baby on hold?"

"I don't want it to be babe. Unless you want to."

"NO." Taylor said. "I just mean, I'm supposed to have the embryo implanted next week and...'

"And I'm going to be there Taylor. We're still going to have a baby. Ok?"

"Ok, Karlie. I just hope this is the right thing to do."