139.

Taylor sat alone downstairs as Karlie and Cara were upstairs watching tv. She was so frustrated with both of them. She didn't know if Karlie was just being this insensitive because of the hormone medication she had been taking. She knew mood swings was a side effect; however, this was the first time Karlie was showing any signs of that. Taylor started to think that maybe Karlie was just getting tired of having her around. Maybe she really wanted a break from her but didn't know who to just come out and say it.

The singer continued to stay downstairs and pulled out her phone to call Selena.

"Hey Taylor, how's Karlie?"

Before Taylor could even answer, her emotions took over as she began to cry.

"Taylor, what's the matter? What happened?"

"I don't even know Sel. Karlie has just been really weird all day with me. Kinda pushing me away for no good reason. All I've tried to do was help her and be supportive and then she got a taste of 'fun' Cara and all of a sudden I'm being asked to just go away and 'take a break' because I need it. I DON'T NEED A FUCKING BREAK. I want to be here. I want to help her and I want to spend time with her. I'm just so pissed right now. The two of them are upstairs just watching tv and eating crap. Maybe I should just leave and give her a 'break.' I just don't know what to do."

"Taylor, you guys haven't even been married two weeks. Do you think it's a good idea to just leave now? I mean, if you want to come to my place, that's fine. But I don't know if leaving LA all together is really a good idea."

"Sel, she probably won't even realize that I'm gone. I feel so out of place in my own house right now. I just don't know what to do." Taylor said as tears began to fall from her eyes again.

"Tay, hop in the car and just come over here. We'll have a little dinner and watch a movie. Maybe you'll feel better."

"Ok. I'll be over shortly." Taylor replied.

The two hung up as Taylor made her way upstairs. She walked into her bedroom, right past Karlie and Cara who didn't say two words to her. They just continued watching their show. She went into the closet and got changed, as she walked passed them again and headed downstairs. Karlie didn't even say anything. This was enough confirmation for Taylor  to know that it wasn't her that needed a break, clearly, it was Karlie. And a break would be exactly what she'll give her.

Taylor walked into Selena's house, as she was greeted by a long embrace.

"I'm sorry Tay. What did Karlie say when you left?"

"Not a thing. I purposely went to the bedroom and changed and she said nothing at all. It was like I wasn't even there. I just can't believe this is happening."

"Well, listen, let's go out for dinner and we can always come back here for a movie. You can stay as long as you want." Selena said as she rubbed her friends back.

---------

A few hours had passed as Karlie and Cara were finishing up the their episode of the series they were watching.

"Ok, I think I need a break." Karlie said. "Too much girl on girl action for me to handle, especially when I'm not getting any."

"Yeah, that gotta suck." Cara said. "I'm gonna go grab some snacks, want anything in particular?"

"No, grab whatever. Can you tell Taylor to come here please?"

Cara nodded as she went downstairs and headed straight for the pantry as she looked around for Taylor.

"She's not down there." Cara said as she placed a bunch of snacks on the bed.

"Where'd she go?" Karlie asked.

"How am I supposed to know? I've been with you the whole time." Cara replied.

"Maybe she went to the store." Karlie said. "Hey toss me the chips please."

"Dude, this lounging around in bed all day eating crap is like really really bad, but it feels so good." Cara said as the two began to laugh.

-------

Selena and Taylor returned from dinner and made their way to the living room as Selena grabbed a bottle of wine and began to pour a couple of glasses.  They enjoyed their time together, it felt like old times. Ever since Taylor and Karlie met, she didn't spend as much time with Selena, so sharing these moments really made her realize how much she truly missed her friend.

"Tay, are you going to spend the night? I have a some pajama shorts and a tee I could grab for you."

"Honestly, when I left the house, I was so ready to just stay out all night but deep down I knew I'd go back home. It's been five hours since I left and I haven't even gotten a text, let alone a phone call. She doesn't want me there, Sel."

Tears began to stream down Taylor's face as her friend sat closer to her, pulling her into a hug.

"Don't cry Tay. It's probably just the stress and medication Karlie's taking. She loves you so much. Of course she wants you there. Look at the insane wedding you guys had. She made your fairytale come true. She's in love with you Taylor. Give her tonight to hang out with Cara and eat all the crap she wants. I'm sure she'll be calling you very soon anyway. Now stop crying....it causes wrinkles."

Taylor began to laugh as she wiped her eyes and pulled herself together. They went back to drinking wine and listening to music as Selena caught Taylor up on little things she's been working on for the last couple of months.

--------

"What time is it Car?"

"Umm, 2am." Cara replied.

"What the fuck. Where's Taylor? She's been gone forever."

"Kar, who cares. She's been all weird all day. I know that's your wife and I'm not trying to start problems but seriously...she made me feel like an outcast all day today. She wouldn't let me go in the room with you. Then she yelled because of how I was pushing you in the wheelchair. Then she got all pissy because I was messing around with her and asked who was the top in your relationship."

"CARA! That's so inappropriate. Why did you ask her that? You know that's not Taylor's type of conversation."

"Kar, I was trying to lighten the mood. I was playing around with her. She's so uptight. I'm telling you, I think this is becoming too much for her. She needs a little break, ya know. Have some time to herself. There's nothing wrong with that."

The more Cara spoke, the more convincing she became to Karlie that maybe she was right. Maybe Taylor really did need a break. Maybe it was getting to be too much.

--------

At Selena's, Taylor laid awake in bed, slightly drunk. She thought about her wife and desperately wanted to call her, but she refused. She was going to give Karlie the space that she needed. Suddenly the room lit up from the glow of her cell phone. A smile came over her face as she hoped it was Karlie who texted her. She grew more excited when she saw that it was. Taylor quickly sat up and unlocked her phone. The smile quickly disappeared as she read the message.

WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU? REAL NICE OF YOU TO JUST LEAVE AND NOT SAY ANYTHING. YOU CAN COME BACK, IT'S YOUR HOUSE ANYWAY. I'LL BE AT CARA'S.