64.

After dinner, the models made their way back to their rooms. Lily called Taylor, to explain what happened. The singer was hysterical. There was no consoling her.

"Taylor, I don't know what's happening to Karlie. I'm really worried about her. I don't think Cara believed how different she has become until she just witnessed it for herself. I'm not sure what to do."

Lily began to cry because no matter how you looked at it, someone was broken. Only Taylor was more obvious.

"Lily, what do I do?"

"Tay, I don't know. Have you called your therapist? Didn't she give you her number?"

"I didn't even think about that Lil. I'll call her now."

Taylor gave Miss Simpson a call and hoped she had time to talk.

"Hi, Miss Simpson, this is Taylor. Taylor Swift."

"Oh yes, hi Taylor. What's going on, you sound upset?"

Taylor gave Miss Simpson the rundown of everything that happened. The therapist told her that it sounds like Karlie is suffering from DID or Dissociative Identity Disorder. This happens when people experience high levels of stress in everyday life that they are unable to process or deal with. It allows a person to alter their consciousness in a way which enables them to distance themselves or disconnect from the full impact to what is happening. It's a psychological defense to protect from an overwhelming experience. Basically, Karlie's  brain has gone into a type of 'survival' mode."

"So, now what? How does she get better? What can be done?"

"Taylor, it's hard to say. Some people are treated with medication, others are treated with experimental clinical trials, while others attend an aggressive form of therapy, that will force them to relive their traumatic experience. Basically, coming to see someone like me. Again, I haven't seen or spoken to Karlie, so I can't officially diagnose her, but that's what it sounds like. In the best case scenario, she has a minor case of DID that she will eventually snap out of herself, with time. Right now, I need you to stay away from her. You appear to be her trigger."

"Oh my God. This is all my fault," Taylor said as the tears streamed down her face.

"Taylor it's no ones fault. We have to get Karlie to a place where she can process her feelings. When she begins to understand herself, and her feelings, everything else will fall into place. There's one thing, you can do."

"Yes, I'll do anything," Taylor said.

"Karlie needs to be convinced, that she needs therapy. She's going to assume that since you both broke up, she doesn't need help. If her friends can encourage her to talk to me, one on one, I may be able to help her process her feelings."

Miss Simpson thanked Taylor for reaching out to her. She stated that she looks forward to meeting with each of them on an individual basis and to call her whenever she needs to.

Taylor called Lily, to let her know the outcome. After speaking for almost an hour, the girls hung up. Lily called Car and Behati, to give them the rundown. Both girls said they'd work on getting Karlie to contact the therapist as soon as possible.

-----------

The next morning, all four girls made their way to their shoot. Karlie appeared to be in a pretty good mood as the other three just observed her behavior, trying to figure out the best way to approach her on the topic of therapy.

The day was a long one. The shoot took place on the beach and it was really hot. When the shoot finally wrapped, the girls made their way to their trailer to cool off and drink some water.