Maintain Good Works

This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works.  These things are good and profitable to men.
                           Titus 3:8

     Work, work, work; being good requires a lot of work.  Being bad and selfish, or just being selfish, is easy.  I really don't know why people are selfish; well I do, they don't love the LORD. 
     Understanding what God wants is the key to life.  I wish there were more of a concern in society to please God.  Listen to all the ads, and just think about who we are trying to please - ourselves. 
     People, including myself at times, just don't get it - God is the reason we exist.  The Bible, His Word, explains everything we need to know.  How my life would have been better if I started reading the Bible at an earlier age. 
     But God knows us, and He also knows what we need to learn before we are ready.  Basically, life has to beat us up for a while, then we question our flesh-body existence.  I sure did.
     Reading the Bible from Genesis to Revelation was one of my goals.  I read it once, and now I am on my third time.  It is difficult, I am supposed to behave better because I know God's Word.  I understand enough of the Bible to know how God wants me to behave - I think.
     Questioning our existence means that we have exhausted everything in life.  And I personally thought - what am I missing?  Being bad and selfish leaves a big empty hole in you.  Nothing, except God, can fill it.  Eventually we all learn this; I hope anyway.  Enough for now - tell God that you love Him.

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. Please read your Bible.