Father And Son

Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
Therefore let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father.
And this is the promise that He has promised us---eternal life.
1 John 2:23-25

We have to accept Jesus, and if we do, we please God. The Bible doesn't start with Matthew; it starts with Genesis - see how much that I have learned (-:} I think this is what it means, verse 24. I never understood God and the Bible until I started in Genesis.
People, and I think they mean well, always told me to read the New Testament. I am glad that God decided to allow me to read the whole thing. You know how you are getting closer to God?
Things in the Bible start happening in your life - people, even relatives, will treat you differently, and I don't mean in a good way. They won't believe you, and don't like listening to you. Are they evil? I don't necessarily think so. Jesus said that a prophet is not without honor except in his own country, among his relatives, and in his own house. That was a verse, I don't think it is exact; that is why I didn't quote it.
God isn't talking to me, so I am not a prophet, although He has some purpose for my life. Weird things, things that let me know He cares, keep happening in my life; it is cool but I have yet to totally understand anything. Thinking about God makes me smile - why don't people want that?
People are looking to material things, people, or moments to make them happy; that is why they fail. The happiness comes and eventually fades away leaving them so empty, so unhappy. God never goes away. One thing I have learned - you can't force God on people.
Not that I have tried to force God on people, I know that you can't. I have just tried to share, and unless you are asked, people will only pretend to listen. I don't think people know that Judgment Day is real. Maybe they think it is thousands of years away - I know better.  Tell God you love Him. 

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. Please read your Bible.