The Shunammite Woman

Then he said to Gehazi his servant, "Call this Shunammite woman."  When he had called her, she stood before him.
     And he said to him, "Say now to her, 'Look, you have been concerned for us with all this care.  What can I do for you?  Do you want me to speak on your behalf to the king or to the commander of the army?' "  She answered, "I dwell among my own people."
     So he said, "What then is to be done for her?"  And Gehazi answered, "Actually, she has no son, and her husband is old." 
     So he said, "Call her."  When he had called her, she stood in the doorway.
     Then he said, "About this time next year you shall embrace a son."  And she said, "No my lord.  Man of God, do not lie to your maidservant!" 
                       2 Kings 4:12-16

     She had a son and he died.  I can only imagine how she felt; why get blessed with a son in the first place?  Because Elisha, through the power of God, brought him back to life. When things seem darkest in our lives it is only an opportunity for God to show His wondrous power.  Tell God you love Him. 

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. Please read your Bible.