Desolation

Then I said, "Lord, how long?"  And He answered:

    "Until the cities are laid waste
          and without inhabitant,
     The houses are without a man,
     The land is utterly desolate,
     The LORD has removed men far away,
     And the forsaken places are many in
          the midst of the land.
     But yet a tenth will be in it,
     And will return and be for consuming,
     As a terebinth tree or as an oak,
     Whose stump remains when it is cut
          down.
     So the holy seed shall be its stump."
                             Isaiah 6:11-13

     Desolate - deserted of people and in a state of bleak and dismal emptiness.  I see where this can mean the Babylonian captivity or the Roman conquest, but the Living Word always lives up to its definition.  I think this could mean nuclear war. 
      I so wanted to posted Isaiah's prediction of the coming Messiah, which is on the same page, but promised God that I wouldn't post what I thought.  I looked for some references, and there wasn't anything on verses 12, 13 - verse 11 referenced the scribes and Pharisees wanting to see a sign from Jesus. 
      The word "consuming" has me pretty confused.  I think the tenth will be drained physically and emotionally.  The tenth will be caring, righteous people of God.  The holy seed will be God's Word to rebuild a solid foundation. 
     So why nuclear war?  The word "desolate" leads me to this conclusion.  The LORD won't mess around, and will totally start over.  Not cause I feel we are on the verge of nuclear war, which we are.  And I don't necessarily mean with North Korea. 
     I am watching the rest of the world.  Keep your eyes open.  The Israelites, right before this passage, were seeing and hearing, but they weren't listening and understanding.  I can't explain this, only that you either know or you don't know. 
     I don't want to write anymore.  Tell God you love Him.

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

     Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.  Please read your Bible.