Third Time A Charm?

I opened the Bible three times; I wasn't feeling the heat.  The third time I opened to Daniel 1:17 -

     As for these four young men, God gave them knowledge and skill in all literature and wisdom; and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams.

     I just read about the fourth beast again, and I am getting confused like Daniel did; although Daniel was a righteous man full of wisdom and knowledge.  I am just a confused man :-). 
     The angel Gabriel had to explain to Daniel his vision of the ram and goat.  I have read this vision many times and still don't understand it.  I wanna know who the king is and who the kingdoms are. 
     Daniel still had some trouble and admitted it -

     Although I heard, I did not understand.  Then I said, "My lord, what shall be the end of these things?"
     And he said, "Go your way, Daniel, for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end."
                        Daniel 12:8,9

     This tells me how wise and knowledgable the LORD is; He is the only one who knows everything.  I wish I knew what was going on.  Something doesn't feel right.  I am talking about the world.
     Many things in this world are not left up to us - we are not in control.  Daniel, as wise and righteous as he was, didn't understand his visions.  Think how he must have felt. 

Note - the king was Alexander the Great and the kingdom was Greece - don't know why I couldn't see this before now.  Alexander the Great was killed in battle, and since he didn't have any heirs, Greece was divided amongst his four generals - this prophecy did happen!

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

     Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.  Please read your Bible.