The Pit

Give heed to me, O Lord,
And listen to the voice of those
     who contend with me!
Shall evil be repaid for good?
For they have dug a pit for my. 
     life.
Remember that I stood before
     You
To speak good for them,
To turn away Your wrath from
     them.
             Jeremiah 18:19,20

     Jeremiah had enough, that pit they dug may have influenced him a little. The people of Israel were being bad serving idols and doing for themselves. This passage answers a question for me, maybe - is there a point of no return?
     I know people pray for people that are misbehaving and not following God. Should we stop praying? I don't think I will. I had many bad years, someone had to be praying for me! That is weird, I just thought of that.
    I will give Jeremiah a break, they were threatening his life. But then I think of Stephen, he asked God to forgive the people that stoned him right before he died. Father, please help me, this is tough. Now I just thought of Moses wanting God to kill him because the people were treating him badly.
     Walk in their shoes is all I can say. I do understand a bit more of their idol worship, from reading the Bible of course. I personally am learning to be more patient. Just tell God that you love Him.

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

     Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.  Please read your Bible.