Malachi

Your eyes shall see,
And you shall say,
'The LORD is magnified beyond
     the border of Israel.'
                 Malachi 1:5

     God will open your eyes, if you allow Him to do so - you shall see. I am doing some heavy-duty thinking on this one. I can't write anything right now, because I have some strange thoughts.
Without Jesus, does the LORD get magnified as much beyond the border of Israel? Jesus died for the sins of the world, not just for the sins of the Jews. I do not know why I am thinking this way; God does.
     I want to understand is all. If I were a Jew would I want to keep God to myself? No, I would want everyone to experience God's love.
     I am getting a little weird. It just amazes me how much knowledge can be gained from so few words. God's Word is never easy or short.
     I still haven't figured out the Jews and Jesus. Many Christians feel that the Bible starts in Matthew. Do Jews believe it ends with Malachi?
     God started talking to me (through Scripture) when I was reading the Old Testament; I had already read several books from the New Testament. I really wish that we had more Bible reading at church when I was growing up.
     I really feel that somehow or some way we have turned or tried to turn religion into entertainment. How much can you cover in an hour? I have never left church and thought - wow, that meaning in the Bible was so deep. We never seem to touch the meaning, just the surface meaning.
     I don't attend church right now, and you should see reactions from people when I say this. The old mentality - you can't be a Christian if you don't go to church. I haven't found a church that I want to attend. (We and a few other families started one when I was a boy.  I loved that one, because there was much love in it - The Church of the Holy Spirit.)  Tell God that you love Him!

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. Please read your Bible.