Joel 1:15, Mark 6:4

The Bible is awesome -

     Alas for the day!
     For the day of the LORD is at hand;
     It shall come as destruction from the
          Almighty. 
                                 Joel 1:15

     Kinda stumbled upon this one - no heat, no friction.  God can make my hands slick, so I don't feel any heat no matter how hard I try.  May not be important to you but it is to me. 
     This what it means to fear the LORD, or basically respect His great power.  People
think - oh, I will be ok; you sure about that.  How many people were saved during the great flood?  8, Noah and his sons and their wives. 
      So yeah, think about the rapture (a word that is not in the bible), also along with the word trinity.  People that say Jesus was God in the flesh makes my skin crawl.  They need to realize, by believing this, they are doing exactly what God doesn't want you to do - denying the Father by not believing in the Son. 
      I have written this before, and this is probably not the last time - Jesus defines faith. Mary was betrothed (basically engaged) to Joseph when she was found with child from the Holy Spirit. So God impregnated her - what would you honestly say if Mary came up to you back then and said, "I am pregnant with God's Son, Jesus the Messiah," honestly, what would you say or think? You would probably think that Joseph is the father; well, Joseph had the privilege of raising Jesus.
God picked Mary to have His Son, and God doesn't play by man's rules - He doesn't have to. So Jesus was raised in Nazareth, a city in the region of Galilee, which only adds to Jesus' mystique for those that did not believe in Him; they would say that no prophet has ever come from Galilee, much less the Son of God - how wrong they were.
So Jesus was crucified and died, and was resurrected three days later - many Jews did not believe in resurrection. Jesus' conception to His resurrection demands unwavering faith. My understanding goes only so far, but I do know that Jesus was with God before He was
birthed by Mary. God is also in His Son, but they are not they same being.
Jesus said that only one is good - God. Jesus also prayed to God to let the cup pass over Him, but He was crucified because it was God His Father's will. Jesus has God in Him, of course, but He is not God in the flesh. He represents God's love on earth.  We need Jesus because we are horrendous sinners. We need to be cleansed of our sins before we are presentable to God.
I don't think the majority of people understand. We need to try to understand first what Mary went through, and Joseph, and finally Jesus when He was born. Just like His Father, He did great miracles, and yet the people still did not believe in Him.

But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his own country, among his own relatives, and in his own house."
Mark 6:4

This verse is on my bathroom mirror, it amazes me every time I read it. I got a little windy, but first of all, the day of the LORD is not gonna be fun, or a blissful time. The more I have read the Bible the more I understand, and all this scares me to death - I don't scare easy. God is the only one that knows the time of the Second Coming.
It all boils down to the fact that God loves each and every one of us. He sent His only Son to die for us. That all that is important - tell God that you love Him.

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. Please read your Bible.