Mark Chapter Six

"Is not this the carpenter, the Son of Mary, and brother of James, Joses, Judas, and Simon?  And are not His sisters here with us?"  So they were offended at Him.
     But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his own country, among his own relatives, and in his own house."
                            Mark 6:3,4

     One of the big reasons that the Jews didn't believe that Jesus was the Son of God was because He was from Galilee.  How silly is that?  Someone not believing in someone else because of where they were live.  Just a touch of sarcasm, people still do that today.  We sure haven't learned much.
     It must have been so tough for Jesus, his own brothers didn't believe in Him -

     For even His brothers did not believe in Him.
                                 John 7:5

     Think about that for a moment.  Jesus has faith in us and loves us, and you know that He loved His brothers.  When questioned about His mother and brothers Jesus said,

    "For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother."
                        Matthew 12:50

      So I will try my best to do the will of God.  Do this and I can become Jesus' brother - that would be awesome! 
      I originally opened to the death of John the Baptist, which is also in Mark chapter six. After  reading, I decided to post about Jesus.  King Herod actually thought Jesus was John the Baptist.  What does this say about John the Baptist?  John did prepare the people for Jesus' arrival. 
      King Herod's wife, Herodias, had her daughter Salome (although I couldn't find her name written in the Bible) ask for the head of John the Baptist after she danced for the king.  King Herod didn't want to behead John the Baptist, but he promised.  So he did as promised and gave John the Baptist's head on a platter to Salome.
     What did I learn?  Many people didn't have faith that Jesus was the Son of God.  John was senselessly killed.  I have to remember that our reward is in heaven. 
     All this brings me to faith again.  It is easy to say you have faith, but do you really? How can our faith be measured?  I am being serious, this is tough for me. 
      Jesus' whole life from conception to death and resurrection, not to mention all His wondrous miracles are based on faith.  I am not trying to place doubt in anyone's mind, but I know that I am, if anyone reads these.  :-)  I want people to know the path to true faith.  If you are seeking the path, then God will surely test you.  
     I think people that do not believe in Jesus is because what is in the above paragraph - they can't let faith overcome their own rationalization.  I have told people things and they want to rationalize them.  God talks to all of us, if we are willing to listen. 
     One thing I have realized - God puts us on a path and there are no coincidences.  Everything you do, every person you meet, your whole life is in God's hands; well, if you allow it to be.  God knew I would come back to Him with great enthusiasm. 
     My point is that if you truly believe in God the Father, then you can easily believe in His Son.  I know how great God is, and He has done some things to prove it, which He didn't need to do.  I never thought about that - why did He do those things?
     I have written about a few things; well, I have written about all of them - the problem is that I have deleted many of those entries.  God is beyond my comprehension most of the time.  He does let me understand what he wants me to understand when he wants me to understand it.  To me that is how my faith begins.  I trust God to guide me. 
      This reminds me, the end times, at first, are not gonna be pretty, but to those who "endure" it will be worth it.  No one knows when this will happen.  I don't think people understand this can happen tomorrow.  A thousand years can be one day to God.
     I can't control any of it, so it makes sense to seek God and His knowledge.  I wish He would have a conversation with me.  He lets me know that He is around, but I want to ask Him things.  He will only if He wants or needs to speak with me.  I am impatient, and it gets real tough at times.  Tell God that you love Him.

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

     Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.  Please read your Bible.