Matthew 10:8-10

"Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.
"Provide neither gold nor silver nor copper in your moneybelts,
"nor bag for your journey, nor two tunics, nor sandals, nor staffs; for a worker is worthy of his food.
Matthew 10:8-10

This passage makes me think about Jesus - He Himself had no place to lay His head. His apostles took His lead to provide freely of themselves. Oh no, I'm thinking about Hurricane Harvey and Houston.
People want to help, which is good, but is almost done way too quickly. How much money is going where it needs to go; who decides? I really think that the state of Texas can take care of its own. Trump is gonna ask Congress for 7+ billion.
My point is that the apostles gave of themselves through Jesus. We get so caught up in money and things that we miss the
point - God will take care of us. He already does in ways we don't know about. I personally think we need to put more trust in God. Trust me, we will have to in the near future.
Pay attention to how quickly food, especially bread, goes in a crisis. It would be beneficial to learn how to make bread. I know how to make unleavened bread. I know what is was like during our ice storm.
I was in a convenient store getting a couple loaves of bread, and there were only two left; I figured that someone might need a loaf, so I only took one, thinking I could get one from Walmart. I went to Walmart and everything in the bread section was gone - Everything! The best thing is to let the Holy Spirit fill you up. Enough for now - tell God you love Him.

This is a faithful saying:

For if we died with Him,
We shall also live with Him.
If we endure,
We shall also reign with Him.
If we deny Him,
He also will deny us.
If we are faithless,
He remains faithful;
He cannot deny Himself.
2 Timothy 2:11-13