1 Thessalonians 4:15

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.
1 Thessalonians 4:15

Oh, the so-called "Rapture" baffles me every time I read it. I researched a bunch of reference verses, and I still don't have a clue. I know what it says, but that is not what God wants me to understand - I have been here before, this passage at least once, maybe twice.
The words "alive and remain" always stand out. I think the "dead in Christ" are the ones that died in Christ's name - the persecuted. They are, I was overthinking this. 
I am not questioning, but rather trying to figure some things out. God sent me here again to help me understand, and I still don't. The meaning is too deep.
One of the reference verses mentioned the word mystery. I get that Jesus will come back, and that the dead will rise - FIRST. The rest of us better be patient.
I just feel that there is something I am missing; I know I am. I have never believed that we will all be whisked away before Jesus cleans house, and He will. God will tell me in due time (if He chooses), and I and everyone else need to tell God that we love Him.

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

     Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.  Please read your Bible.