Nineveh

But let man and beast be covered with
     sackcloth, and cry mightily to God;
     yes, let every one turn from his evil
     way and from the violence that is in
     his hands.
     Who can tell if God will turn and
     relent, and turn away from His fierce
     anger, so that we may not perish?
                         Jonah 3:8,9

     So Nineveh repented and God relented, for this time.  Later, Nineveh went back to its evil ways, and God destroyed it.  I guess we can repent for old sins, but not for future sins - we have to make an effort to be good. 
     I wrote about Easter and Nimrod a few entries ago (I deleted this entry later.)  This is important because Nimrod established Nineveh.  Again there is some message that I am not getting.
     People may think at times, myself included, that I over-analyze the Bible - not so, God's Word is so, so deep.  I am beginning to think that I don't analyze it enough.  I can't take the Bible literally; I know there is more meaning. 
     Some cannot understand what I am talking about.  The scary thing is that I can. What the Holy Spirit told me is starting to happen - the world being chaotic.  And what about Jesus saying that we will hear about wars and rumors of wars; sound familiar? 
     The really strange thing, that I just thought of, is that I really think it could be happening now.  Think about all the deaths around the world.  We already know that billions are going to die. 
     Been thinking quite a bit about life and the afterlife, and why many people don't seem to care.  This all brings me back to faith.  We have to believe in God and Jesus, and that Jesus was resurrected.  I have a couple questions that are troubling me; not doubts, but some questions to research. 
      I do question myself at times - is it I or the Holy Spirit?  I think it is the Holy Spirit, because it doesn't happen often.  It is not like I wake up and say, "Ok, God, talk to me!"  Although I do ask, request, or beg Him to let me feel His Presence.  This does happen mainly through Scripture.  God does what He wants.
     My point is that we won't know anything until we are dead.  Pretty definitive statement, isn't it?  We've got to have faith.  Tell God that you love Him.

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

     Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.  Please read your Bible.